Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2666747576
Results 1,126 to 1,135 of 1135

Thread: The big unforumzed TRAVEL thread.

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalk View Post
    @Ryan, I've been to Ireland, and can vouch for ebby - it IS beautiful!

@soignee - there wil.l always be a bar as long as we have this, like proper alcoholics. But kidding aside, my purse is the Tardis.

Ireland wins.

Quote Originally Posted by soignee View Post
    If we were to meet up for an Unf holiday, realistically when and where, do you think?

UNF CON: We Have No Idea What We're Doing, Is There A Bar?
    Realistically? Ottawa - just because Tori Amos never plays there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I came back to this thread looking for our Aperol spritz discussion and realized I completely ignored your post, wout!
    As long as you got to experience wonderful Wales
    I've been all over the UK but Wales completely surprised me...
    Glad to hear you had a blast!
    post28!

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Yasss. Booked a flight to Tuscany + car for in two weeks from now with a friend.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    I've just booked a Eurostar ticket to Brussels for a long weekend in November. I haven't booked accommodation yet but I'm having a browse on Airbnb. I've never been anywhere near the city (or Belgium at all) and have no idea what it's like. I can't even really work out which language people generally speak (Dutch/French/Flemish...what's going on over there?). Any advice would be gratefully received. I'm looking to visit cultural highlights in the day-time and LGBT-friendly places in the evening.

I think Brussels is bi-lingual, with Dutch/Flemish (dialects of the same language, really) and French both being spoken. North of Brussels you're pretty much in Dutch/Flemish territory. I just got home from a trip to Ghent and Bruges a few weeks ago and it was lovely.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spyk_ View Post
    I've just booked a Eurostar ticket to Brussels for a long weekend in November. I haven't booked accommodation yet but I'm having a browse on Airbnb. I've never been anywhere near the city (or Belgium at all) and have no idea what it's like. I can't even really work out which language people generally speak (Dutch/French/Flemish...what's going on over there?). Any advice would be gratefully received. I'm looking to visit cultural highlights in the day-time and LGBT-friendly places in the evening.
    Yo, my boyfriend moved around a lot for work, and at some point he was a journalist for the European Union. So been there a lot. First, use streetview to explore if the neighbourhood is somewhat fashionable, it really changes from street to street and there are very bad places too. I always recommend the area around St. Katelijne plein, it was quite fashionable back then, somewhat more quiet than the immediate city center.

Language;

Gay scene;

Center;

Leopold quarter;

St-Gilles/Ixelles;

Museums and suchs;
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    Gosh, thank you Spikey. I suppose I won't need to buy a Lonely Planet guide now! I'm fascinated to visit a city so divided by its language. I'd probably have to stick to English in any case - whenever I travel I always try to get to grips with the local language a bit before I go, but I lose confidence when faced with actual people.

I've just reserved an Airbnb in the St-Gilles district. It seems to be fairly nice and also handy for the Eurostar terminal. I have four full days and three nights there, so I should have time to visit most of the places you've recommended, especially all those churches and cathedrals. I will make time to visit the EU quarter. Brussels has for so long been used as a shorthand for the cold, bureaucratic hand of the dreaded Europe that the British media hates so much that I'm too curious not to see what it's actually like there.

I took a weekend trip to Colorado a couple of weeks ago to visit friends and woah was my mind blown by all of the natural beauty of that state. I lived there many years ago but I never got to visit many of the natural landmarks and state parks so it was really a treat! Pics behind spoiler tag.

Last edited by dAmION; 09-26-2017 at 07:15 PM.

Buenos Aires in March!

I haven't been to South America/Latin America since 2010! I'm ready!

I just came back from an amazing 10 days in Ireland! Dublin, Belfast, Galway, Wicklow Way... I'm already dying to go back.
    "A universe that needed someone to observe it in order to collapse it into existence would be a pretty sorry universe indeed."