Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869
Results 1,021 to 1,032 of 1032

Thread: The big unforumzed TRAVEL thread.

Yay!! Enjoy! I loved our Italy trip so much.

testosterone-laden drunken moogle Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I leave for Italy on March 16th!!! We are doing 4 days in Florence (with a day trip to Siena and one of the wine villages) and 4 days in Rome. I'm so excited I cannot stand it.
    Firenze tips; when visiting Uffizi Gallery, make sure you research beforehand what you want to see; there is simply too much art treasure stacked up to take in in one lifetime (my personal fav there must be 'Medusa' by Caravaggio). Between all the overwhelming Leonardo DaVincis, Boticellis, bad lightning and loud Italian unofficial guided tourgroups, you'll realize this is the ultimate museum, but you just can't see it all.
    Don't miss out on the famous local dish, bistecca fiorentina.

Rome tips; When visiting the Colosseum, first visit the Roman Forum right across from it first; you'll probably want to visit both anyway, but the lines at the Forum are WAY shorter though the combination tickets exactly the same. Saves you waiting in line for the Colosseum!
    Also, if you plan on visiting the Vatican Museums (recommended); reserve online in advance. The lines at the Vatican are literally kilometres long.

Siena; Hopefully the mosaics of the cathedral are uncovered one of the days that you're there... that is one helluva thing to behold.
    Ai, Tolosa e Provensa, e la terra d’Argensa, Besièrs e Carcassei, quo vos vi e quo'us vei!‎

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    Thank you! We have tix for Ufizzi and I am so ready, but will take your advice to do research beforehand. We already have our tickets for the Vatican. We heard it was a giant mess. We are getting the Roma pass when we are there which covers the Colosseum and the forum and all that jazz. EXCITED!

buon appetito! =)
    Ai, Tolosa e Provensa, e la terra d’Argensa, Besièrs e Carcassei, quo vos vi e quo'us vei!‎

Insert something clever here iamstilljamiepoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I leave for Italy on March 16th!!! We are doing 4 days in Florence (with a day trip to Siena and one of the wine villages) and 4 days in Rome. I'm so excited I cannot stand it.
    Mad Jealous! Please report back - I turn 40 next year and Italy is in the running to be my big trip. I hope you enjoy it!

I'm focusing on domestic travel this year with my list consisting of: NYC, San Francisco and Nashville. Nashville is a quick four hour drive so we are making that a weekend deal. NYC for HELLO FREAKING DOLLY!!! and San Fran as my brother is a chef in a newer restaurant in the city that I'm dying to try. And because I like my brother and have never been to San Fran

'Quick 4 hour drive' lol

Quote Originally Posted by menju56 View Post
    ^ Oh I LOVED Japan and would go back in a heartbeat. Just everything about it. Was really hot and I was sweaty every day but you adapt very quickly. Whereabouts did you live?

I want to try different destinations for a bit (hello USA in a few weeks!!) but Japan is somewhere I definitely want to return to in the future.
    Well, it's been just under a year and I'm about to make good on my threat to return to Nippon. I'm finally heading back there in April! I lived in the Chiba peninsula in mid-sized city called Ichihara. It was great there. Short train ride from Tokyo and Disney. Can't wait to go back.

How was your trip to the USA? Where'd you go?

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    Yay, that's so exciting! I love Japan.

USA was brilliant, went to Vegas, LA, and San Francisco.

Next up is Lisbon. Anyone been?

Yes. Can't say I have any recommendations... :S

Yay, that's so exciting! I love Japan.

USA was brilliant, went to Vegas, LA, and San Francisco.

I've been there a short few days, aside from the obvious attractions (the castello that overlooks the city, the St Just elevator & Torre de Bélem) what stood out for me was the museum of ancient art; it houses the Hieronymus Bosch triptych "The Temptation of St. Anthony".

I can say that just being in Lisbon is amazing. I also enjoyed our side trip Sintra.

^ for a minute there I forgot Sintra existed! Highly enjoyable indeed, I think I went by train. The garden of Quinta da Regaleira I reallly loved.