Page 1 of 73 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The big unforumzed TRAVEL thread.

Lightbulb The big unforumzed TRAVEL thread.

Where are you going? Where have you been? What is your dream vacation? Favorite trips? Got any tips?

Share them here!

In three months and some change we are going to Vancouver, and we are taking a day trip to Seattle while we are there. I am totally stoked.

My dream trip would have been Iceland but it seems the time period we wanted to travel in was ridiculously priced, and I didn't want to wait six months or more for fares to go down to take a honeymoon. We'll go some other year.

My wife and I have another road trip planned this August. The plan is to spend time in a few of southern California's national parks, and to pass through (most notably) South Dakota and Wyoming on the way back. We'll be finalizing the trip plans over the next few weeks.

In October I'm off to Copenhagen for a conference and while I'm at it I'll be spending a couple of days in the UK and a week in Iceland. I'm flying back into Brisbane, and from there to Airlie Beach to meet up with some friends. We'll be hiring one of these and cruising around the Whitsundays for ten days. I can't wait.

^ I would love to go to Iceland - the land looks beautiful.
    Stalking Tori round Europe (first time in Bruges, Zurich and Dublin!) then to Moscow in September.
    Laos and Cambodia are my sooper dream destinations to the moment. A week cruising down the Mekong on a slowboat would be pretty sweet.

So maybe I should reply to my own thread. In May, I was in Guatemala. The country is beautiful. I got to go to the ruins of Tikal, climb an active volcano and stand beside flowing lava. exciting!

I suppose I don't have a dream destination as I am interested in going anywhere and everywhere. I would like explore more of South America, having been to Colombia, Ecuador and Chile. I wish I had months to spend there, exploring all of South America.

Quote Originally Posted by ej View Post
    My wife and I have another road trip planned this August. The plan is to spend time in a few of southern California's national parks, and to pass through (most notably) South Dakota and Wyoming on the way back. We'll be finalizing the trip plans over the next few weeks.
    Oh, enjoy. The husband and I were hoping to get to Montana this year to visit friends. The Bandlands park is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    The Bandlands park is amazing.
    We drove through Badlands NP last summer, in fact (as well as Custer NP).

The plan this year is to head back to the Hot Springs area to visit the Black Hills Wild Horse Sanctuary.

While reading a bit about the badlands park, I found out about this place. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Las_M%C3%A9dulas "Las Medulas" I should visit here next summer when I am in Spain.

Ah, great thread; if not for the vicarious experience alone!

I am going to London at the end of the month for ten days to see friends, one of whom I have not seen in seven years. I cannot wait. I haven't had a proper holiday in nearly 11 years - this is going to truly rock my world. Girls just wanna have fun 'n all that

At the end of the month, I'm going to London for a 5-nt stay, and then on to a small hill town in Tuscany (San Marcello Pistoiese) for a two-week walking (hiking) holiday. We're using a British tour operator called Ramblers, who operate walking holidays all over the world. It's very very reasonable, and it's the same trip my mom and I took 15 years ago, and we're actually going with my mom and dad, so it will be wonderful to see how Italy has changed since the Euro. Also, how I've changed, and how my mom has changed.

We've made a pact between my bf and I to travel internationally every two summers (we are primary teachers). Next go round, I would really like to hike the Annapurnas in Nepal, or perhaps explore South America.

whose wheels are squeaking arsonist samael's Avatar
    I'm going to Kusadasi in Turkey for a seaside holiday with some friends in July. I'm more excited about a stay in Italy in August for a couple of weeks at a friend's house in a small village 10km off the coast and around 40km off Rome. Weee!

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    I was in Costa Rica for 8 days this summer. It was amazing, and the most beautiful place I've ever been.

Next year, we're aiming for Barcelona!

Insert something clever here iamstilljamiepoo's Avatar
    My most memorable trip was probably to Australia. My former sis-in-law (damned divorce), is from there and her brothers kindly took me in for an entire month. I hung around Brisbane mostly, but spent a few days in Sydney, Port Macquarie, and the Great Barrier Reef. Incredible.

I liked London quite a bit, too.

You know, I've been to a lot of places internationally, but the best place I've been in the United States is Chicago. I mean, Chicago is great, but there are so many places here to see. I'm in New Mexico now, but it's not great. I am Eastern New Mexico, though, and it looks an awful lot like the Texas panhandle. Want to go: New York, Greece, and Ireland (been to Dublin but would love to further explore the country).

There are lots of great places here. I have been to something like 40 out of the 50 states. When we left Arizona for Indiana, we drove through New Mexico at night. It was dusk which colored the land beautifully. In addition, on one side of the horizon was a beautiful full moon. On the other side, a lightening storm. At that moment, I understood why New Mexico is called "The land of Enchantment". It was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen.

I also LOVE Chicago. Its my favorite American city.