Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The big unforumzed TRAVEL thread.

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    I also love Chicago. It's a very special place to me, as my best friend now lives there, my other best friend used to live there, and I've had some AMAZING times in that crazy ass town.

My favorite American city (besides NYC ) is San Francisco. Holy crap, that place was heaven to me. I'm sure I'd find stuff wrong with it if I lived there, but I thought it was PERFECT.

I'm a sensible girl GirlForPele's Avatar
    In 23 days I am off to Sweden for a week, cannot wait!
    When pianos try to be guitars...out of my black and white world

these days just seem to crush me
    portland, crater lake, and the redwoods of northern cali in late august

san fran, monterey, and big sur in october! i can't wait!

just got back from a weekend in new orleans, and wow, it was so fabulous. i need to go back and spend a lot more time there!

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    No vacation plans for this year.

Visited:

I'd like to:

Return to Italy
    Visit Brazil
    Do lots more hiking in the National Parks here in the US.

So far this year:
    Sedona and Phoenix, Arizona in February
    NYC, New York in May & June
    Denver, Colorado in June

Upcoming trip:
    Munich, Germany in July/August

Have also vacationed in/visited:

Wow, Kala, you have traveled a lot!

So far this year I've been to Austin and Dallas, Texas, Maine (family is there so I go up at least 2 or 3 x a year) and this weekend I'm going to Newport. My boyfriend and I are trying to travel each year, so next year we may start with New Orleans, and then California is next on the agenda - Big Sur, Carmel, Napa, San Fran - can't wait, i've always wanted to see the West Coast! (I'm in CT).

I only first went on a plane in 2007. I'm trying to make up for lost time! On the recent flight to Texas I sat next to a woman who was an archaeologist in Jordan. You meet the most interesting people!

Dream destinations - Spain, and lots of Italy - the Amalfi Coast, Sicily, Corsica. I've always wanted to see Peru and Egypt especially and all the less traveled places. Lonely Planet highlights a lot of them.

I have visited

fulfiller of the mullet prophecy eednic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beKa View Post

So far this year I've been to Austin and Dallas, Texas, Maine (family is there so I go up at least 2 or 3 x a year) and this weekend I'm going to Newport. My boyfriend and I are trying to travel each year, so next year we may start with New Orleans, and then California is next on the agenda - Big Sur, Carmel, Napa, San Fran - can't wait, i've always wanted to see the West Coast! (I'm in CT).

I only first went on a plane in 2007. I'm trying to make up for lost time! On the recent flight to Texas I sat next to a woman who was an archaeologist in Jordan. You meet the most interesting people!

Dream destinations - Spain, and lots of Italy - the Amalfi Coast, Sicily, Corsica. I've always wanted to see Peru and Egypt especially and all the less traveled places. Lonely Planet highlights a lot of them.

If you end up going to New Orleans let me know! Mayhaps I could meet you there if I drove over!

This year I've been to Washington D.C. and I think that's about it. I doubt I'll travel out of state again this year unless it's for work. Budget crunchin'!

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beKa View Post

I've been very fortunate in that I have done quite a bit of traveling. Italy is one of my favorite destinations. You must see the Amalfi Coast - I've been there twice and it is one of the loveliest places I've ever visited. Sicily is GORGEOUS. Peru is fabulous too - I loved our vacation to Machu Picchu and Cuzco. And Egypt! I still remember the awe I felt when first seeing the Pyramids & Sphinx. Plus walking through the Khan Al-Khalili is an experience I will never forget.

these days just seem to crush me
    if anyone could provide me some ABSOLUTE must-do's for san fran (i will only have about a day and a half there) please let me know! where to eat, what to visit, what to see, etc.

we have alcatraz tour on our list of must-do's so far. oh and riding a cable car.
    Last edited by Jessy; 07-12-2010 at 12:46 AM.

authentic hotdog cart vendor Frangipani's Avatar
    go up to the top of Twin Peaks- great view of the city there. Go see graffiti and eat Mexican in the Mission District, Bart stops at 16th & 24th @ Mission. The Academy of Sciences has just been redone. Its gorgeous, it's next to the Japanese Botanical Gardens. Haight & Ashbury is always a good touristy time, you can walk to Golden Gate Park from there and hang out and watch midwesterner transplants pretend to be hippies in the park playing their drums with no rhythm...The noodle house across the street from Ameoba Music (in the haight, before the park)is cheap and outstanding.

For good middle eastern food go to Naan & Curry, there are a few scattered around the city. Delish.

The Warf is only good for the seals and the trolley pick up...
    ummm thats all i can remember right now

While youre there, know that youre in heaven
    Slippin' on my red dress, putting on my make-up

not traveling anytime soon b/c i need a job. funny - with a job - no time. without a job plenty time but- no money

my wanderlust will live through you all this summer.

places i've been:

Canada-winterpeg,toronto,montreal,quebec USA-maine,NH,Vermont,MA,NY,PA,Delaware,Maryland,DC,South Carolina, Florida,Ohio,Texas,Colorado,California,Arizona, Hawaii
    various Carribean Islands

Greece (my beloved Eresos,Lesvos; Thesoloniki,Athens,Peleponese,Mykanos,Santorini,Crete,Rhodes, & more)
    UK, France, Monaco, Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Cyprus, Israel (day trip but it counts!)

Places I want to go:

What I really want to do is a cross country trip in the northern part of the US - america is really beautiful & i'd love to see it all

Asia - especially India & Bali
    Australia & New Zealand
    Iceland
    "this way, that way, i am of two minds" -sappho
    http://classicpersuasion.org/pw/sappho/index.htm

Jealous of everyone's travels. I took a two week trip to Italy and Sicily last summer, but otherwise, I haven't gotten the chance to do much travel.

Hurt people hurt people too toriMODE's Avatar
    Went to New York City in April to see my old roommate. Went out almost every night. Went to the touristy places. The city is way expensive, but also very diverse, fun, and fast-paced. The last place I went to was to Orlando for Gay Disney. Went to the theme parks during the day, and partied at night. It was a lot of fun, but not something I feel the need to repeat.

I would love to go to Chicago and Miami, and all over Europe eventually.

Ever since we got a car, I very much prefer to go on holiday with the car instead of flying. Downside, of course, is the limited choice of destinations but Europe has plenty to offer!

Visited:
    UK (north wales, all over scotland, london, kent, sussex)
    Sweden (the south)
    Spain (Barcelona, the beaches)
    Italy (Venice, Cinque Terre)
    Austria (salzburgerland)
    Croatia (Pula)
    Germany (all over, gorgeous!!!)
    France (vosges, paris)
    Hungary
    Tsjech republic (prague)
    New York City

Really want to go to:
    Washington State