Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2565737475
Results 1,111 to 1,115 of 1115

Thread: The big unforumzed TRAVEL thread.

Again, super helpful. Thank you so much

Heading to Seattle & Vancouver next week. Any recommendations for hotels, restaurants, or places to see?

And in the evening it's. . . Andrea's Avatar
    Holy hell! Krakow is hands down the most beautiful city I've ever seen.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Heading to Seattle & Vancouver next week. Any recommendations for hotels, restaurants, or places to see?
    Seattle - my hood, and favorite place in the world. Here are some places I enjoy:

If you're up for a bit of walking, the weather should be beautiful, I recommend visiting any of the following parks:

-Discovery Park
    -Olympic Sculpture Garden & Myrtle Edwards park
    -Lincoln Park (West Seattle)
    -GreenLake
    -Ballard Locks

If you're up for touristy stuff:

-The Space Needle just reopened after being closed for months for major renovations. It now has a glass floor and all glass railings, which they say was the original design, but impossible to build when it first opened. The views from the Space Needle are spectacular. While you're there:

-The Chihuly Glass Museum. I have to say, I'm not particularly enthused about glass art in general, or Chihuly in particular, who strikes me as a real blowhard for some reason. And I agreed wholeheartedly with a community of activists who were against the museum being built in the first place (I thought it should be free, open park space for kids and families). But I have to concede that the museum is actually pretty cool. Everyone seems to love it.

Bars and Restaurants:
    -Damn the Weather (Pioneer Square)
    -Sitka & Spruce and Terra Plata (both on Capitol Hill)
    -Molly Moon's (ice cream, Capitol Hill)

Randos:
    -Elliott Bay Books
    -Rockbox (Super fun Japanese style Karaoke)
    -Amazon Go store (if you're interested in that sort of thing, it's kind of interesting)
    -Seattle Art Museum is much better than it used to be
    -Frye Art Museum (free museum with some really incredible pieces and great exhibits)

I'll add if more things come to mind. Have a great trip!

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    I've just booked a flight to Amsterdam for three nights at the end of September. It's so close to London but I've never been before. Does anyone have any insider knowledge of things like where to stay and what to get up to? I always like my city breaks with a queer twist and a splash of history.