Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Slean talk...passioneers up and into this thread!

'twas mbc 'twas kollins Michael Michael's Avatar
    Oh fuck, that song gets deep inside my soul. I used to put it on late at night and lie on the bed and close my eyes and listen to it. It just has something very special about it. Maybe I'll listen to it tonight.

http://sadgettingsadder.com/slean/

^ Just in case anybody is missing the 2 (complete) shows from which Orphan Music was culled.

(why didn't we get High, or Blue Parade on the LP? boo)

omg...

her albums are all available on the US itunes store. (including The Baroness Redecorates)

*runs out to buy an itunes card*

I only have two of her records and have felt extremely deprived.

they were like 30 bucks each new on amazon.

^^FANTASTIC news! Hopefully that means the upcoming album will be too. YAY!

now I can see how bad the baroness is (or isn't...bitches )

I'm gonna listen starting with the first record to the last.

Quote Originally Posted by howieDae View Post
    http://sadgettingsadder.com/slean/

^ Just in case anybody is missing the 2 (complete) shows from which Orphan Music was culled.

(why didn't we get High, or Blue Parade on the LP? boo)
    Thank you so much for the link, I'm downloading right now!

I adore The Baroness, but it kinda struck a chord with where I was when I heard it. It is certainly no Night Bugs. Day-um that album is great.
    I need new Sleany!

Sarah is currently recording her new double album. 'Land And Sea' is the working title. Ah, I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Peeping Tommi View Post
    Sarah is currently recording her new double album. 'Land And Sea' is the working title. Ah, I can't wait!
    ADKGJA;DLKSJDI.SDK@!!!

holy. shit. That is some of the most exciting music news!!!

Any idea on when we can expect the new album? I'm beyond excited. And a DOUBLE album?! I'm a sucker for them. Especially with Sarah at the helm.

She's been working on it for a while. The "Land" half, produced by Joel Plaskett, is finished, dunno about "Sea" (or who's producing that, it's somebody different anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    The "Land" half, produced by Joel Plaskett.
    Hopefully he's a better producer than songwriter.

aging hipster trash The Seaward's Avatar
    very excited for the double album.

separate note: i wish sarah would hook up with hawksley workman again. they bring out the best in one another.
    I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

My first post on Unforumzed...

Great to hear that she's available in the US iTunes. When her site was overhauled they said she planned to make her entire digital catalog available internationally.

I second that I would love to see her and Hawksley together again. I saw him live a few months ago and he's still great. Sarah and him played a show together this summer. You can stream it on the CBC site. The link is on littlelsean.

Her B-side Album, Beauty Lives, went on sale yesterday. Looks like 50 of the hand painted ones are out of stock. The remaining 50 of those will be sold at the shows. Regular editions are available to purchase right now. Release date is December 20.

The New Double Album.
    Land portion with Joel Plaskett is done and being mastered. She has played 2 songs from this album live, one being "Land".
    The "Sea" portion is being produced by film composer Jonathan Goldmsith. Jonathan arranged Martin Tiellie's I'll Never Tear You Apart that Sarah recorded on for Black Flowers with the Art of Time Ensemble. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4eZ0gIz66c ). She is recording this with symphony orchestra London (ON).
    Here is a clip of Sarah briefly describing the difference between the 2 albums. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu63x_qKUMM
    The whole album release date is for April but IMO I could see that getting delayed. Following the album there should be a national tour and then some international dates...

Lastly, sheet music is coming out. Your Wish is My Wish is available on her site and she has collected feedback on it for improvements.

If your interested in following Sarah she's on Twitter and there a bunch of ways to be udpated via http://littleslean.blogspot.com

What an amazing, giving artist. Can't wait for the new double album, and I'll definitely be getting Beauty Lives.