Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Slean talk...passioneers up and into this thread!

I really should check her out. One of the Dutch @-posters once made me a mix-cd with some of her tracks. I played some songs to death!
    I haven't listened to them in a while, so this thread is a good reminder. I remember absolutely loving:
    - Twin moon
    - Universe
    - John xxiii

Which album would you recommend?
    post28!

aging hipster trash The Seaward's Avatar
    NIGHT BUGS!!! then Day One!!
    I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

^Seconded, for sure. Fans will argue which is better but I still maintain that Night Bugs is perfect.

Ok then

I couldn't find the mix-cd I have so I youtubed Universe and I'd forgotten how gorgeous that song actually was.

And, John 23rd isn't an album track it seems??? (it's also not on youtube, pooh)
    post28!

I think Orphan Music is a great sampler. Some of the b-sides included might not fit but the album but I think it highlights her nicely.
    Second to that, I have always been tied to Night Bugs. The Baroness got poor reviews but some songs on it really spoke to people like Looking for Someone and Shadowland.

You guys are also invited to join in the fan run initiative of the Passioneer Holiday Project. That's what drew me here in the first place!

I'm really enjoying Night Bugs!
    post28!

Sarah will release a new B-sides album called 'Beauty Lives' at the end of December! Here's some exciting news straight from SarahSlean.com:

B Sides Limited Editions... Fancy!
    December 01 2010

Sarah has been painting away in between recording and mastering sessions – and here are some of the first Limited Editions of the new B Sides album – enjoy! There will only be 100 of these little hand-painted wonders so click on over to the store and get yours now!Limited editions are only available online. The regular run of the B Sides album will be available at the holiday show and digitally sometime thereafter. Its packaging will also feature Sarah’s paintings, but of course, not quite like these one-of-a-kinds… See you at the holiday show on December 18th!

The handmade editions are GORGEOUS. I wish I could afford one.

Have to squee about Beauty Lives. I think people who like Universe and Blue Parade will love this. I requested Count Me Out and Hooligans, which are my favourites along with The Right Words, Sadie and Everything by the Gallon.

This project is such a nice idea, and wonderfully executed.

I was lucky enough to order one of the 100 limited editions of 'Beauty Lives'. I can't wait to receive my package and not only enjoy the new music, but the artwork as well!

I am dying to hear the new B Side album. Does anybody know when the digital release will be?

No word on a digital release date. Hopefully soon. Nice avatar of Emm.

I really enjoy the album. Most impressed with Everything By The Gallon and The Right Words has become one my all time faves. I'm not used to this version of My Song. Sadie is still great as is Count Me Out. I didn't find much of a difference in I Do and Glenn Gould Song with live versions. Left some notes on the album on littleslean.

Happy holidays.

'Beauty Lives B-Sides' is absolutely amazing! All the songs have something special, though 'The Right Words' is definitely the highlight for me. What a beautiful song. Sarah is just the greatest!

Turns out the digital release was today. I have been able confirm it in the Canadian iTunes and it looks like it is available in the international stores.

http://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/bea...es/id412635675

It's available on amazon.com, and looks like it actually has been for like a week or so. Looking forward to listening to it this evening! (And the cover is GORGEOUS!)
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased