Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to Unforumzed! Please post your comments or questions here.

Exclamation Welcome to Unforumzed! Please post your comments or questions here.

Hello everyone,

You're probably wondering why there is a new forum if nothing has happened to the old one.

Most of you will remember that @forumz went offline for a brief time about 2 years ago. The same thing happened last week. In addition to the software being extremely unstable and outdated, there is no active admin support at the forum to deal with issues like server outages or errors. None of the current supermods have access to the necessary information to update @ or fix the many problems we've encountered there.

Our only real options as a community were to let the site run unattended and hope for the best, or bite the bullet and migrate to a new home. If you're reading this, you can probably guess which one we picked.

There are ten years of history on @ but its future is unclear and multiple requests for answers have gone unnoticed. We hope that this new forum will give members peace of mind about the future of our community.

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please post them in this thread.

Hi!

Any reason why HTML is off?

Most forums automatically turn it off for security purposes. Do we need it for something? I can look to see if there's a modification/hack for it, and if not I'll see about enabling HTML.

Ryan, get some rest!

Just embed codes for some things, Bandcamp and Soundcloud at the top of my list. Unless there's some other cunning way of chucking that stuff in that I've not twigged yet.

Pete, do you know of other forums where HTML is enabled? Just curious. I don't want people trying to run any kind of exploits or harmful scripts here.

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    I'm sure there's probably some workaround that people have installed.

Enabling HTML in a forum is often a security risk so things like plugins are used that work for things like that. I'll take a search around to see if I can come up with anything.

There's Whitechapel, obviously not a vB board, but uses HTML. I remember @ used to have HTML turned on until Aussie Matt pointed out it could be compromised. I just presumed that would've been fixed sometime in the last eight years!

But also, what Nancy said! Sleep, young man!

There is a BB code for Soundcloud but it may be limited. I can try installing it later to see how it works.

!

Icon15

The only thing that irks is that there's no "jump to forum" button on the bottom of the screen. The "quick navigation" pulls down a menu, and the top brings you, well, to the top, but is there a way to have a "back to forum" link on the bottom? Or maybe I just don't see it?

(Is there a way to have the post-28 as a thread/reply icon? If not, no big. That really only benefits me.)

Icon15

Is there a way to go straight to the "read first unread post" in threads rather than just the last page?

(Is this annoying or helpful? Most of my life is spent finding the laziest way to complete any task, so I'm all about shortcuts.)

weeaboo artshag unicron insanitykun's Avatar
    YES. Jump to forum would be lovely.
    TEN YARDS. tumblr.//etsy. PHOTO. sam branman

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    ^ yep, the little arrow to the left of the thread title: Picture 1.jpg

see it?

Icon15

Quote Originally Posted by ebby View Post
    ^ yep, the little arrow to the left of the thread title: Picture 1.jpg

see it?
    Ooo, YES! Thank you ebby! I'm still trying to navigate all the new visuals.