Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: Welcome to Unforumzed! Please post your comments or questions here.

It still works in my mobile browsers, at first it says "embedded tweet" but then it loads.

I've tried it on my desktop using Firefox Quantum (57.0) and the latest build of Google Chrome (62.0.3202.94). It works on both browsers for me without adjusting any kind of settings. But I cannot get it to work in mobile Safari on my iPhone. There are no updates for the BBCode so either the vBulletin coders haven't caught it yet or it's not actually a coding issue.

Always make sure your browser is up to date first.

She has a plan for that. Steve SFM's Avatar
    Well, I have Safari on a mobile, so I guess that explains that. Thanks, Ryan and Owls and others! If a fix can be found, great, and I'll check to see if I'm updated.
    And it's going to be how do we think government should work and who do we think government should work for?

Unfortunately, if I convert unf to https and someone links a gif/image/YouTube video/etc. without an https extension, it will cause a mixed-content error and unf won't load in a secure connection anyway. Considering how much off-site content we link, I don't know that a true secure connection would ever work. It's something I can try but I still don't know that it will fix the issue.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I use https everywhere add on and then just delete the s in the bar when I need that functionality.

I can see embedded tweets on safari on latest ios.

Can we all see them now?

She has a plan for that. Steve SFM's Avatar
    That worked for me!
    And it's going to be how do we think government should work and who do we think government should work for?

I've got it working in Microsoft Edge, the latest Firefox on Windows, the latest Chrome, and Safari on iOS. Make sure you're using the full twitter link when you embed it:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/brianbeutler/status/934191856740700160[/tweet]

It used to work just by posting the tweet ID (e.g. 934191856740700160) but that leaves too many variables open so just use the whole link.

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    I no longer remain logged in when using the mobile app. If I close and re-open the app, I am always logged out now. In the past (it's been many months ago) this was not the case. Is this a bug? An iOS issue? By design? Am I crazy/imagining things?

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    wait, is there mobile app? I know we don't use tapatalk anymore...is there an alternative?

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Oh shoot, sorry. I meant the mobile version of the desktop app. I didn't articulate that correctly. Basically from my desktop I stay logged in all the time, the system retains my credentials and always has. But when I access the site from Safari on my iPhone, it never retains my credentials, though it used to.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    ah ok! Thanks for the clarification.

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post
    Oh shoot, sorry. I meant the mobile version of the desktop app. I didn't articulate that correctly. Basically from my desktop I stay logged in all the time, the system retains my credentials and always has. But when I access the site from Safari on my iPhone, it never retains my credentials, though it used to.
    You likely need to check your Cookies settings for Safari on your iPhone.

Make sure you're allowing Safari to retain the cookie for unforumzed.com

Guide to checking those settings : https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guid...es/safari-ipad