Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Tori Amos' infinite playlist thread

Well guess what Mimi, WE DID. Octopussy's Avatar
    ^ How bout some SWEET Sting and Snow Cherries?

SCARLET INVADER mega-playlist

Last edited by Octopussy; 07-27-2018 at 12:49 PM.

I'm in love with Your Cloud rn. Does anybody have a playlist they love that has it?

I fucking love Your Cloud and included it on many playlists. This is one that I saved, looks like it had a sky/clouds/tranquiity/pastoral theme

01 Oscar's Theme
    02 Your Cloud
    03 Sleeps with Butterflies
    04 Honey (demo)
    05 Flying Dutchman
    06 Bouncing Off Clouds
    07 Mary
    08 Sugar
    09 Spring Haze
    10 Cloud Riders
    11 Selkie
    12 Concertina
    13 Flavor
    14 Take To The Sky
    15 Cloud on My Tongue (live on NPR 2012)
    16 America
    17 Pandora's Aquarium
    18 Alamo
    19 Black Swan
    20 Thoughts

^Nice!

I will say that is one the few places I would actively enjoy Sleeps with Butterflies, in a playlist with other songs that remind me of summer, tranquility and nature. Plus I always like the combo of Your Cloud/SWB because she played wonderful versions of both on the Frankfurt '05 bootleg.

America has a Your Cloud connection, being the second song that mentions "where the rivers cross"

Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    I fucking love Your Cloud and included it on many playlists. This is one that I saved, looks like it had a sky/clouds/tranquiity/pastoral theme

01 Oscar's Theme
    02 Your Cloud
    03 Sleeps with Butterflies
    04 Honey (demo)
    05 Flying Dutchman
    06 Bouncing Off Clouds
    07 Mary
    08 Sugar
    09 Spring Haze
    10 Cloud Riders
    11 Selkie
    12 Concertina
    13 Flavor
    14 Take To The Sky
    15 Cloud on My Tongue (live on NPR 2012)
    16 America
    17 Pandora's Aquarium
    18 Alamo
    19 Black Swan
    20 Thoughts
    Lots of my favorites! Thank you. I'll make that right quick in iTunes. Pandora-Alamo-Black Swan sounds divine.

What do guys think of my career-retrospective box set?!?! I do things like this because I have no life, LOL. I'm pretty sure none of these would fit onto a disc, but nobody listens to CDs anyway so who cares.

The stats:
    7 tracks = LE/UTP/BFP/CGH (*Siren counted with CGH)
    5 tracks = SW & NI
    4 tracks = Venus & UG
    3 tracks = TBK & ADP
    2 tracks = SLG/AATS/NOH/TLP
    1 track = Tales/MG/GD

"Disc 1" or I guess Part 1

Part 2 -- this is my fave, a higher-energy set that might actually be a better starting point than the "hits"

Part 3 -- Dearest Tori, please please do not forget Siren on your next reissue

Singles omitted:
    China, 1000 Oceans, Sleeps with Butterflies, 500 Miles, A Silent Night with You, Flavor (Gold Dust), Promise
    Last edited by Octopussy; 08-21-2018 at 05:28 PM.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    I haven't been listening to Tori much at all for quite a long time, then yesterday listened to NI in its entirety (and was reminded how much I like it). I guess I'm in the mood for her, and am now listening to her catalog (the portion of it I keep in my digital library, which is not everything) on Shuffle mode:

1) Another Girl's Paradise (I have always loved this song so much)
    2) Chocolate Song
    3) Job's Coffin (I think a lot of people hate this? At the moment, I really like it. It's a keeper for me.)
    4) I Can't See New York
    5) Strange
    6) I'm On Fire
    7) Strange Fruit (I wonder what prompted her to record and release this. It's a very important and very disturbing song.)
    8) Marys of the Sea (Such a pretty song. So pretty I don't even mind that it's super Jesusy. I love the lyrics "the red of the red rose is its own, something no man can divide.")
    9) Baker Baker
    10) Oscar's Theme
    11) Battle of Trees (Instrumental) (Wow! I've never heard this before. It's quite gorgeous music without the vocals. This is the better version.)
    12) Leather
    13) All The Girls Hate Her (Whoa wait - do you hear some of 'Oscar's Theme' in this, or am I imagining it?!)
    14) Indian Summer (pretty sure I have never listened to this all the way through before, or paid attention to its lyrics.)
    15) Fearlessness (Instrumental) (Come to think of it, maybe I have actually never listened to Sin Palabras - I would love this album on vinyl.)
    16) Nautical Twilight (Funny, shuffle is going hard after NoH, it seems. I really like this song. I love the nautical and night sky imagery I associate with this album.)

If these first sixteen songs ^^^ were a Tori Amos album, I would grade it a C. There are some gorgeous songs in the set, but none of her absolute most powerful, absorbing songs.

17) Past the Mission

(Editing as I listen....)