Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The All-Inclusive Vienna Teng Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I've just discovered Vienna a month or two ago. I got a Sheryl Crow CD from my local library and when I opened it I found Vienna Teng's Dreaming Through the Noise. It was a nice surprise. From that album I really like "Whatever You Want," "Love Turns 40," "I Don't Feel So Well" and "1Br/1Ba."

Right now I'm listening to Warm Strangers and am really into "Harbor" and "Hope On Fire."

I'm planning on buying her latest album, Inland Territory, soon.
    What a neat way to discover her! Definitely seek out Inland Territory, I think it's by far her best work.

I'm enjoying Inland Territory right now.

I'm loving White Light and Augustine at the moment. Grandmother Song is hysterical.
    leave them troubled boys all behind

Been a while since this thread has had some love.

Vienna Teng - Homecoming (Walter's Song)

One of my favourite songs of hers. One of my favourite songs by anyone.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Snatched "Warm Strangers" on eBay for 18 bucks. Felt like such a steal for such a fantastic album.

This sounds like an interesting project:

The Fourth Messenger: A New Musical
    What if the Buddha were a woman? What if she were alive today? How would the world view her life and teachings differently?

"The Fourth Messenger" is a captivating new musical by playwright/lyricist Tanya Shaffer and composer Vienna Teng, loosely inspired by the life of the historical Buddha, Siddhartha Gautama. In our contemporary re-imagining, the "awakened one" is a woman - a world-famous guru with a mysterious past, known to her followers as Mama Sid. When a young woman arrives at her ashram and starts asking questions, Mama Sid is forced to confront her youthful actions and their consequences. At once epic and intimate, comic and profound, "The Fourth Messenger" investigates what it means to be both enlightened and human. Vienna Teng's addictive melodies and subtle, intricate harmonies add depth and resonance that linger long after the lights go down.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

New v-blog from Vienna.

That girl has a lot going for her; to think she's going to have another important and successful career in sustainability - completely independent of her very valuable music career - has me feeling like a complete underachiever sitting in my cubicle. Love her, and can't wait for new tunes in 2013!

Aw I love her so much. Can't wait for new stuff.

And computer programmer for Cisco before she started music professionally. Amazing!

I'm also excited about the prospect of new music from her and am hoping she comes back over to the UK for some gigs.

I'm jazzed for new music, as well. I generally preferred the production style of Dreaming Through the Noise but I thought Inland Territory was ambitious for her as far as production and songwriting goes and a risk that paid off big time. Excited to see what she'll come up with next.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

A couple of US dates announced
    9 Jun 2012 (Sat)
    2:30 pm
    Mission Zero Fest
    Ann Arbor MI

10 Nov 2012 (Sat)
    8:00 pm
    Hamilton Performing Arts Center
    Hamilton MT

I'm on a Vienna Teng re-discovery trip right now. I've always enjoyed her music but haven't listened to it in a while.
    These are two covers (one of them a Tori song) from a recent online concert at her home (I guess it's hers?)

Love that acoustic cover of Josephine! Works really on guitar.

How can we make a full Vienna Teng tribute to TVaB happen? Her 1000 Oceans is divine, and really highlights the (under appreciated) beauty of that song.

I love Vienna! I had the pleasure of chatting with her back in 2006, I believe, and she is a really great person and so funny! I've been a huge fan for a long time and a few of my friends from the bay area know her and always say how lovely she is.

Inland Territory is such a fantastic and daring album. I love all the genres sue pulls from in tremendously inventive and smart ways. Going to listen to it tonight, its been awhile. Antebellum is just so heart-breaking. Thanks for bumping this thread up!

Can't wait for new music!