Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Marina and the Diamonds

whose wheels are squeaking arsonist samael's Avatar

Marina and the Diamonds

An interesting choice for a single. I thought it was going to be Shampain. That song deserves a stellar video.
    Not sure how I feel about the video or the song (not one of my favs) but she is so adorable. Love her.

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    Shampain does indeed need an awesome video, but I guess there's time yet still

Oh No is one of my favorite songs on the album and I really enjoyed the video, even if it is a little cheesy.

Yeah, I like Oh No, but in a lukewarm sort of way. Definitely not a "single," imho. If they weren't going to do Shampain, they should have done Are You Satisfied, for my money.

The video is cute, though!
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

I think Oh No! is my favorite song on the album so I'm happy it's a single, but that video... well, Marina's always a bit generic.

[ validated ]
    I totally see the Madonna influence when I watch her videos (in a good way). Maybe she'll take a stab at acting someday. She certainly knows how to work a camera.

Oh No! is one of my favorites from the album.

The video? Not so much. It's kind of stupid and I don't want to see it again.

I wasnt too keen on the video either, just as she sounded kinda meh when she sang live on TV at festivals, but I love the album still
    GSV Tarendai

whose wheels are squeaking arsonist samael's Avatar

flayed on the marble stairs
    So, two demos from her second album have leaked; they're titled "Sex, Yeah" and "Living Dead". I like them a lot! The song writing is much better than some of what I saw on The Family Jewels. I have higher hopes this time around. I've embedded Youtube videos of the two songs below, but who knows how long they'll stay around, so if they're gone, just search for them on Youtube. Someone is bound to reupload them.

[ validated ]

Icon15

Marina is such a star! Her music videos are the best! She's so much fun to watch.

Here are some of her favorite music videos:

I like her voice and her style. From her album I like "Are You Satisfied?" and "Shampain"... but her lyrics are too autobiographical. I think she didn't write such literall lyrics her songs would be easier to listen to. I can't listen to some of the tracks coz I'm not Marina Diamandis.. They're about her and her only lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AshaBlack View Post
    her lyrics are too autobiographical. I think she didn't write such literall lyrics her songs would be easier to listen to. I can't listen to some of the tracks coz I'm not Marina Diamandis.. They're about her and her only lol.
    ...really?
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

What's it gonna take? parasol prude's Avatar
    Then that would go for almost every artist out there. I relate to all her songs.
    It was good while it lasted

Uhh no.. its not like every other artist out there.

I havent gone to Hollywood and I havent had a record deal, her lyrics are too literall - thats what I meant. Not saying she's bad. I like her songs but just not all of them