Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tubal ligation

Calm - i missed your question about OHIP. IT's not covered as it's a pretty new procedure in Canada (only 3 years), there are very few doctors that are trained to do it and because of this most women don't know it IS an option over traditional surgery. My dr is doing the kit donation through the Essure company to build numbers to submit to OHIP to make them see that it is wanted. More and more women will want it because the company that makes the clips is discontinuing manufacturing

Oy With The Poodles Already!
    WOOP!!! I just scheduled my appointment for the Essure procedure! I'm on my way to becoming barren! I have my pre-op on 12/3 and the procedure is on 12/8. Merry Christmas to me!!!!! No more babies!

(yeah, a little exclamation point happy, but I'm so freaking ready for this!)

thundering blissful towards death stillorbiting's Avatar
    I just looked it up and my insurance covers Essure. DUDE. SERIOUSLY. I have got to get on this now. I won't be at this job forever.

Still waiting for my call. Going to ring on weds to see what the deal might be.

My pre-op was rescheduled, I have my appointment tomorrow, then have the procedure on Wed!

I am so excited!

waited with a glacier's patience Churumbela's Avatar
    I hope everything goes smoothly!
    I am the beginning. The end. The one that is many.

Thanks! I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I have a small arsenal of drugs to take in the morning before the procedure. I almost laughed when my dr was going over the risks because he was being so nonchalant about it all, like "oh you can puncture a hole in my uterus? no big deal!" But I am so ready.

argh so i got the call. they have a spot on jan 4, however i have to have a pap done prior and the soonest my dr has been able to get me in for that (since the beginning of november i've been calling) is jan24 -head desk- so unless i badger my dr into something next week or between xmas and the new year i have to wait until february sometime.

two beavers are better than one! Robin Sparkles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Becka View Post
    argh so i got the call. they have a spot on jan 4, however i have to have a pap done prior and the soonest my dr has been able to get me in for that (since the beginning of november i've been calling) is jan24 -head desk- so unless i badger my dr into something next week or between xmas and the new year i have to wait until february sometime.
    Can you ask your doctor to be put on the cancellation list? Mine does this - if they have a cancellation they will call you to see if you can make that same-day appointment. It's worth a shot!

The appointment today went very well. The actual procedure was really easy and I had hardly any pain at all during and after the appointment. What's really gotten to me are the meds they gave me before and during. This morning I had to take Vicodin, Xanax and Phenergan to prepare for the procedure. Once I checked in they gave me another shot of Toradol to numb me out a bit more before he went in. That shot was at about 9:30 this morning, I've been passed out and sleeping off and on since then. Then when he gave the the local anesthetic in my cervix it was really odd, my tongue of all things went numb and swollen, and my knees started shaking uncontrollably for a couple of minutes. After all that the actual procedure was cake. A bit of pinching when he was doing the actual insertion, but other than that it was just like a pap.

Since then, no pain or cramping at all. I just still feel like I'm underwater and totally drugged up. No fun.

weeee! I totally just pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease'd my dr. office and was like i've been waiting MONTHS! and it's the 4TH! pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease and i've an appointment for next tues for my exam and prescrip for pain drugs. My Essure is tent. scheduled on the 4th of January, the receptionist just has to confirm with the ob/gyn for a time and if i should come in to do consent papers before or the day of etc.

Quote Originally Posted by FaerieDreamer View Post
    The appointment today went very well. The actual procedure was really easy and I had hardly any pain at all during and after the appointment. What's really gotten to me are the meds they gave me before and during. This morning I had to take Vicodin, Xanax and Phenergan to prepare for the procedure. Once I checked in they gave me another shot of Toradol to numb me out a bit more before he went in. That shot was at about 9:30 this morning, I've been passed out and sleeping off and on since then. Then when he gave the the local anesthetic in my cervix it was really odd, my tongue of all things went numb and swollen, and my knees started shaking uncontrollably for a couple of minutes. After all that the actual procedure was cake. A bit of pinching when he was doing the actual insertion, but other than that it was just like a pap.

Since then, no pain or cramping at all. I just still feel like I'm underwater and totally drugged up. No fun.
    Glad to hear it went really well! I'm incredibly excited right now for having this done and over with soon!

Becka, LOL at you blasting your friend on FB about this. I could feel the steam coming out your ears through the screen!

I love her to bits but she is the worst for the omg have more baybees. And she is so going to tell my mom if she hasn't already

The 4th at 2pm. I had my pre-admission interview today over the phone. I'm excited but nervous

Oh and I told my dad today. He's really supportive of my decision and is glad it's not traditional surgery