Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tubal ligation

Went very smoothly I'm glad to report. I arrived early at the hospital but that allowed me to get all the paperwork and questions out of the way. I was gowned and in a bed by noon - I finished my book and had a snooze. Shortly after 2 I was wheeled into the hall for the OR. I met with my nursing staff, my OB.GYN and the anesthesiologist team. My IV took some time getting in as it was the student doing it, but once it was in, I was given a strong dose of sedative and my dr. got to work. The whole procedure only took about 15 minutes from start to finish. I spent more time lounging in bed waiting for my turn than anything else today I was given a good dose of dilaudid, advil and tylenol, waited half an hour and they called K to come pick me up.

I'm feeling a bit crampy and overall achy. Most of the pain today during the procedure was working around my IUD - which was able to be left in, but right side was trickier. I'm not allowed to do a whole lot for the next 24 hours except eat, rest and take drugs. I can have a shower tomorrow, a bath in 7 days and on Monday I can go back to the gym for walking for however much I want. I can start weight training and running on the 17th.

Good to hear Becka!

woop woop!

I'm so glad things went so well. Do get lots of rest.

Yay, Becks!

You ladies rock. I made my husband get the snip.

Dave got the snip, but I still want the Essure [and have still been using an IUD years after he got the snip]. Because I need to 100% not have anymore babbies. Hearing that most of the pain came due to messing around w/ the IUD, I may go ahead and get it taken out before the Essure. Well, I may very well have to do that anyway, depending on when/if the Essure is every covered by my insurance - I've only got 2 1/2 years left on this IUD and I don't think I'm going to get another.

I mentioned this to Em earlier, today I feel pretty much 100%. I get the occasional twinge on the right side but nothing that really causes concern. My IUD will come out in 3 months when i go back for my ultrasound to make sure the blockage is complete.

Oy With The Poodles Already!
    Glad it went so well for you! I had pretty much the same experience the next day. From time to time I get little ovulation like twinges, but nothing major. Can't wait for my three month checkup to make sure everything is blocked up in there!

I know. I'm like.. has it been 3 months yet?!

an update!

I was seen today for my final visit to make sure that my tubes were fully blocked. The whole procedure took maybe 10 minutes and was mildly uncomfortable (the pressure from the dye insertion was the most). She removed my IUD, positioned the tubing for the dye and while the radiologist ran the xray machine, she filled my uterus with the dye to see if any dye got through the coils. I'm blocked and ready to rock :P

two beavers are better than one! Robin Sparkles's Avatar
    Congrats!!

Whoop! How will you celebrate?

Oy With The Poodles Already!
    Yay! I'm jealous! I've been trying since MARCH to get my follow up scheduled and I'm still waiting!

hahah how am I celebrating? My uterus went OH HEEEEEEEEEEY! NO IUD HORMONES! has first serious period since Lucien was born and oooh boy is it painful. -hates it-

I'm actually very excited to see what my body does now that I'll be "hormone free". I've been on birth control or pregnant for 17 years and it's been a HUGE factor in my weight fluctuations and mood.

I finally have my apt for my Essure consult. It took 6 months for them just to call me to get the apt, but at least the apt is in June, so not too long off. Hopefully the actual procedure won't be too long after!! I'm totally stoked to not be able to make anymore babies.