Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Thread: kindsay lohan drama llamas! off to jail!

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    FOR REAL. Put any other moderately talented young woman in that part and the movie still would have been amazing. Actually, the irreplaceable talent in that film (besides Tina Fey's writing) is Rachel McAdams - and we know she's got chops. I've never seen anything indicating that Lohan is anything more than a once perky and competent actor who got progressively worse over time.
    Rachel McAdams is like the polar opposite of Lindsay. There's a woman who has everything together. When she was still in school she won regional awards for figure skating, was active in sports, served on student council, participated in CrimeStoppers, was a member of the Peer Helping Team, and began acting in school and other local productions at the age of 12. She went on to get her degree in Fine Arts and is now heavily involved in environmental activism as well as being a professional actor. (Thank you, Wikipedia. )

To be fair, she probably had better parents (not that that's hard). Lindsay Lohan's parents are crap from what I can tell, and though I don't want to be so presumptuous as to psychoanalyze her or anything, are probably a big part of why she's so troubled.

I absolutely think that's true. Michael and Dina are a pair of loathsome fame whores. It's not like she bears no responsibility; indeed, ultimately, she bears COMPLETE responsibility. (And she'd better accept that if she wants to truly recover.) But the 'rents have been huge obstacles.

And honestly, I think she showed a lot of potential. I mean, she was never on the Jen/Shai level, but she could have been a solid working actress on a really good TV show or something. Now? I just hope she can survive. Be a nice C list celebrity or something. A SOBER C list celebrity.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Good old Lindsay defends the Weinstein trashbag and says his wife should stand by him. I just can't with her. He hasn't done anything to her therefore everyone should stop.

I feel very bad for Harvey Weinstein right now, I don't think it's right what's going on. I think Georgina needs to take a stand and be there for her husband. He's never harmed me or did anything to me—we've done several movies together. I think everyone needs to stop—I think it's wrong. So stand up.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Jesus. There is now about 13 women or so he's assaulted, right? Probably more.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Well, this woman s something that one of those women -- the loudest one -- said.

When I first heard of what LiLo said, after a day of immersing myself pretty deeply in this story, was like WHUT. But I think Rose (who is a motherfucking warrior) has a very good point. Poor Lindsay was fucked up eight ways to Sunday by exactly what all of this is about: how the business can fuck you up, especially if you're a woman. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Harvey had moved on Lindsay.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

My face screams without an emotion