Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: kindsay lohan drama llamas! off to jail!

the reichenbach hero fox in socks's Avatar

Question kindsay lohan drama llamas! off to jail!

or so they say. we'll see what her money can get her out of this time.

Lindsay Lohan Is Sentenced to 90 Days in Jail
    By DAVE ITZKOFF

Michael Buckner/Getty Images

A judge in Los Angeles ruled on Tuesday that the actress Lindsay Lohan had violated the terms of her probation and sentenced her to 90 days in jail, The Associated Press reported.

Ms. Lohan, the “Mean Girls” and “Freaky Friday” star, was arrested twice in 2007 on charges of drunken driving. As part of her probation she was ordered to attend a hearing in May, in the courtroom of Judge Marsha Revel of Los Angeles County Superior Court, but missed that meeting. The judge briefly ordered a warrant for Ms. Lohan’s arrest, which was revoked when the actress posted $100,000 bail. (Ms. Lohan, who was attending the Cannes Film Festival, said her passport had been stolen.)

Ms. Lohan was fitted with a monitoring device, which detected the presence of alcohol, and another warrant was issued. That was revoked when she posted $200,000 bail. But at that time Judge Revel said Ms. Lohan had violated the terms of her release.

The A.P. said Ms. Lohan was not required to immediately surrender but will have to turn herself in on July 20, and will have to enter an in-patient rehabilitation program after her release from jail.

Ms. Lohan previously spent about 90 minutes in jail in 2007, stemming from arrests for drunken driving and cocaine possession.
    http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-days-in-jail/

she doesnt have the talent of robert downey jr (despite what she thinks), so you know. her "career" was already pretty fucked.

tmz has the lolworthy tearful lindsay on hearing the good news
    http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/29/lindsa...a-revel-rehab/

Banned

Banned
    ^That was her final statement to the judge before sentencing, below is her actual sentencing.

I feel bad for her. I hate seeing people cry, haha. I definitely think she deserves jail and needs to clean herself up and take responsibility for her actions, though. She's just so messed up.

I mean, how can she even claim to not be aware of the rules by which she had to abide?! I knew what they were! Haha. I know it's an excuse, but still.

Banned
    I feel a little sorry for her too. Clearly her parental upbringing was an absolute nightmare and that's probably the root of a lot her problems. Also just on a sort of human level it's sad/amazing to see how bedraggled and wretched she looks when she was such a beautiful girl. It reminds me of Edie Sedgwick. Chewed up and used and spit out by Hollywood/Warhol. And I'm not saying her worth is tied to how she looks or anything but just to see someone throw away their promise and their youth. I'd say the same thing about a young man in a similar situation.

Buh-bye! See you later! Hopefully you'll come out sober and sane and you'll dedicate your life to saving baby seals.

Though she probably won't spend the full 90 days in jail. More like...oh, 14, probably.

She is a drug addict and alcoholic, and has to hit bottom before she gets better. Hopefully she will finally come to terms with that.

[ validated ]
    Kindsay

Before a judge is about to lay down my sentence, I wouldn't be looking around while they're talking and shaking my head in disagreement with the things they're saying.

I didn't know the details of her legal troubles until now. Drinking and driving is beyond stupid, especially when one can afford a driver or a cab.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Listening to the judge's sentence, I cannot muster too much sympathy for her in this situation. She broke the law, endangered peoples lives, lied, broke the law again, lied again, and blamed innocent people for her actions. Total douchebagery behavior.

aging hipster trash The Seaward's Avatar
    thank you, ms. lohan, for giving the world a delicious beverage in your name.

it's called a Lindsay Lohan. it's basically a red-headed slut with a splash of coke. cheers!
    I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

I just want to use the "these aren't my pants" defense sometime in the near future.

When did it all start going wrong for her? It just feels like it went Mean Girls...couple years go by...then total mess.
    Last edited by Andyland; 07-07-2010 at 05:49 AM.

Put a bird on it. SisterErnestine's Avatar
    Ironically, I made a Lindsay Lohan Rehab Clinic shirt a year ago. I should find that....

Also, her family makes me want ice cream....something about a fudgie the whale that I can't get here in Portland...

SisterE

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    She is a drug addict and alcoholic, and has to hit bottom before she gets better. Hopefully she will finally come to terms with that.
    I think she's pretty much there. I heard some of that "pitiful and incomprehensible demoralization" in her voice yesterday. I just hope that she can get it together and make recovery work.

I'm reacting to this subject kind of emotionally, probably because I'm finally working the 12 steps myself right now. Even though I haven't had a drink in 14 months, it's bringing a lot of stuff up. Addiction is a nightmare not to be wished on anyone. And I know that I don't know this young woman, but I'm really rooting for her.

I'm glad she went to court with a serious approach to her charges and no sense of entitlement.

Oh wait...