Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Reviews - Love it or Leave it

waited with a glacier's patience Churumbela's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure it was Barely Branded. It's one of the ones in the Metal line. I think Inked in Pink is, too.
    I am the beginning. The end. The one that is many.

Ooh I'm gonna try those because my painterly pot is almost completely gone!

THERE'S A SNAKE IN MY BOOT Stumpy's Avatar
    Has anyone tried the Lipsurge Matte Lip Tint stuff? I'm considering bribing someone in the US to get me some but that would be pointless if they're rubbish.

I tried this last week in the color Red Zin. It's supposed to be an all-in-one base coat, color, and top coat. I had it on for five days, and by the end they still looked great. I only took the polish off because my fingernails like to breathe. The color was great (and flattering to my skin tone; I'm fair-skinned), application easy, had a nice gellish shine, and no chipping. There are a lot of bad reviews online, people complaining it turned their nails yellow and brittle. I didn't find that to be the case, although I probably will use a base coat next time because I have the thought in my head now. I have tried gelish polish and it didn't last the guaranteed fortnight, and destroyed my nails. The Sally Hansen polish gave the same look without the destruction, or cost. (Wilkinson's has them for under £5 right now.)

Last edited by inexcelsis17; 08-15-2013 at 03:33 PM.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar

Icon15

I absolutely love this body cream - both the scent and the way it makes my skin feel. It's not inexpensive but a little goes a long way for me.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    I went to a new hair salon today and really love the way my hair looks and feels. The stylist used these products on me and I was so happy with the outcome that I bought them.

I'm not quiet...I'm plotting. Abi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by inexcelsis17 View Post
    I tried this last week in the color Red Zin. It's supposed to be an all-in-one base coat, color, and top coat. I had it on for five days, and by the end they still looked great. I only took the polish off because my fingernails like to breathe. The color was great (and flattering to my skin tone; I'm fair-skinned), application easy, had a nice gellish shine, and no chipping. There are a lot of bad reviews online, people complaining it turned their nails yellow and brittle. I didn't find that to be the case, although I probably will use a base coat next time because I have the thought in my head now. I have tried gelish polish and it didn't last the guaranteed fortnight, and destroyed my nails. The Sally Hansen polish gave the same look without the destruction, or cost. (Wilkinson's has them for under £5 right now.)

Looks like I need to make a trip to Wilko's.
    I've got gelish on at the moment (about 20 days and no chipping) but getting it off is hell on my nails because I also like to let my nails breathe (and I usually have it for special occasions/big work related events) so I don't just get it put back on again (so old removed by them beforehand). Normal varnish, however, doesn't stand a chance as I wash my hands about 50 times a day. Something inbetweeny would be really useful. Does it come off easily with nail varnish remover or is it a soaky job?

That Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure line is my FAVOURITE nail polish. I use it with a base coat and top coat though. I love the colours (I have about 12), and it always stays on for at least 5 days without chipping, sometimes more. I love it.

I recently (within the last year) fell in love with BB Creams! I bought one from Holika Holika off amazon because a friend recommended it. It was easily the most thourough and weightless coverage I have ever experienced. It cleared my skin and I didn't need the help of anything else to hide blemishes or spots. But because it was an Korean product, it had to travel a long distance to get here, so in the meantime I picked up L'Oreal's BB Cream. I've begun wearing it on a daily basis and saving the Holika cream for evenings and performances. The L'Oreal cream is wonderful and lightweight, but doesn't have such great coverage compared to the other, which isn't a problem for me.

I absolutely adore them and I feel I'm not as intimidated by makeup as a result of finding BB Cream. Wondering if anyone else swears by them also? And what about CC creams? I bought another Korean brand off of eBay and hated it! But I don't want to give up!
    Last edited by HumptyDumpty; 02-05-2014 at 08:24 PM.

waited with a glacier's patience Churumbela's Avatar
    I want to love BB creams, but anything "cream" is really more effort than I am willing to put in. Plus, I can't really buy any BB or CC cream that isn't Korean, because all the American ones are just too dark for my complexion. I don't find that to be an issue with Korean ones, as they have better color range and have more of an emphasis on fair complexions than America usually does. All that being said, I'm a mineral and/or powder foundation kind of gal. I like how quick, easy, and natural looking (if you have a light touch!) they are, so I tend to reach for my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural or MUFE Pro-Finish before the Dr. Jart BBs I have.
    I am the beginning. The end. The one that is many.

Quote Originally Posted by Abi View Post
    Looks like I need to make a trip to Wilko's.
    I've got gelish on at the moment (about 20 days and no chipping) but getting it off is hell on my nails because I also like to let my nails breathe (and I usually have it for special occasions/big work related events) so I don't just get it put back on again (so old removed by them beforehand). Normal varnish, however, doesn't stand a chance as I wash my hands about 50 times a day. Something inbetweeny would be really useful. Does it come off easily with nail varnish remover or is it a soaky job?
    It comes off quite easily. A few weeks ago I wore the color Haute Chocolate without any base coat, and after a week my nails actually were stronger than before. I'm very impressed.