Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Reviews - Love it or Leave it

Reviews - Love it or Leave it

To continue this thread, post reviews about the beauty products you try out/use religiously whether you love or loathe them!

I found it. My own personal holy grail lipstick.

I HAZ ONE!

It's Revlon Colorstay Liquid Lipcolor in Supreme Sienna (085). I seriously wear this EVERY SINGLE DAY. I put it on in the morning at about 7am, and have to remove it about 16 hours later. It's the first 'long-wear' lipcolor that doesn't leave me with that ridiculous fade-out liner-only look. There have been occasions where I've forgotten to take it off and I wake up still wearing it. It doesn't feel dry or nasty, it actually doesn't leave marks on cups or via kisses. It's so great. Try it!

Rave-- Aveeno Hydrating Body Wash With Fig & Shea Butter

The 5.99 price tag at Rite Aid might turn me off because I like my body wash cheap, but it was on sale so I picked it up and I love it. I have sensitive skin and ezcema so I'm careful about products with fragrance, but I've always had good luck with their products. This is really gentile and the smell is light but really awesome. I've never seen a Fig-scented product in a drugstore before. It doesn't suds up a lot (probably a good thing), but with a sponge it was enough for shaving.

^ fig! I'm intrigued. I have similar issues with sensitive skin and eczema. I like Aveeno and that sounds nice.

Rimmel Lash Maxx Mascara - Waterproof

Awful AWFUL product. No volumising whatsoever, the brush is one of them pesky little comb things which is fine in theory, but less so in practice. It also takes an age to dry so gets all smudgy and it flakes!!

Stay away!

Quote Originally Posted by kristen View Post
    Rave-- Aveeno Hydrating Body Wash With Fig & Shea Butter

The 5.99 price tag at Rite Aid might turn me off because I like my body wash cheap, but it was on sale so I picked it up and I love it. I have sensitive skin and ezcema so I'm careful about products with fragrance, but I've always had good luck with their products. This is really gentile and the smell is light but really awesome. I've never seen a Fig-scented product in a drugstore before. It doesn't suds up a lot (probably a good thing), but with a sponge it was enough for shaving.
    I am on my third bottle of this stuff. I'm obviously enjoying it. I've used the calming (lavender) and energizing (lemongrass) ones. I shall try the fig one next!

oooh, the store didn't have the lemongrass one. Now I must search; that would be awesome in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by swirly View Post
    Rimmel Lash Maxx Mascara - Waterproof

Awful AWFUL product. No volumising whatsoever, the brush is one of them pesky little comb things which is fine in theory, but less so in practice. It also takes an age to dry so gets all smudgy and it flakes!!

Stay away!
    I've tried 3 different Rimmel mascaras and I have hated them all! All of them smudge like mad. Great for the raccoon eyes look, but not much else.

CoverGirl Exact Eyelights: BOO

Flakes like crazy and makes my eyes itch fresh out of the packaging!

Thumbs up

Goody Spin Pins:

I LOVE these. Love, love, love. I have very long, very thick hair that I wear up most of the time and it's a headache, literally. My hair is too thick for most barrettes and butterfly clips, so much so that i have to twist my hair way too tight to stay in place. I didn't realize for quite a while my frequent headaches were due to my hair style. Bobby pis are useless on me. Hair sticks can be hit or miss.

These lovely babies screw into my hair and stay all day without wobbliness or headache. It's easy to achieve a loose or tight hold, formal or casual upsweep without any other hair accessories being necessary. They are easy to hide in your bun too, if like me, you like the illusion of hair holding itself together.

I'm not sure how these will work with finer haired folk, but I'm thinking if your hair is long enough it might be a matter of one pin being enough instead of two.

They are $6. I got mine at Target, but they are probably available everywhere.

They sound like something I need! I've never been able to use any kind of clip or pin in my hair as they just slip out. Even claw clips eventually become loose as my hair is so fine and slippery. I wonder if I can find them over here?

If not I'd be happy to ship 'em to ya! Is Goody a brand you have over there? If so I'd think they'd be easy to find. I have never seen them anywhere else by another brand. I only discovered them about 2 months ago, so I think they are pretty new.

I might have to take you up on that offer. I did a quick google and couldn't find anything, and I've never seen that brand over here. So, thanks, and I'll let you know if I need some help

Ooh, Erindish has been talking about these lately, and I'm keeping an eye out for them. Woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Cairn View Post

Goody Spin Pins:

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar

Leave it. It won't remove my eye makeup without using tons of it. You think you've gotten everything off until you run a dry tissue over your eyes and there is still plenty more to remove. So you try again. The next morning, mascara circles under the eyes.

It does not have a small pin hole type opening where you can apply it to a cotton ball carefully or control how much comes out. This is important because if or when you get it in your eyes it will burn like acid. What is completely mystifying is that the dang bottle says right on it "avoid contact with eyes". It's eye makeup remover! Contact will happen eventually.

I only bought it because I'm all out of my Mary Kay stuff which I love and having a hard time finding a Mary Kay consultant near me. The phone numbers and contact info seem broken.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life