Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Reviews - Love it or Leave it

Tomorrow is another day cinny~lou's Avatar
    Lancome makes a remover that is similar to the MK formula - there are two "layers" that you shake to mix together before you use it. I got a sample of it which is how I found it, so I don't know what it costs.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    How well did it work?
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

Tell me more about lip colours.

I read Mynx's lipstick review and may actually pick some up if no one can suggest something closer to me needs.

I am not a huge lipstick or lip gloss fan. The textures are just bothersome most of the time and the lack of staying power just makes applying any at all seem pointless. Staying power is a must. Once I have put make-up on I do not want to think about it again at all.

I am intrigued by the recent popularity of lip stains. I've only tried one brand so far, a Stila. I loved the colour and texture, but again, the staying power was just crap. I do want it to be affordable, but don't mind paying a bit more for something that both truly works and truly lasts. Suggestions?

there is no home without you hollerskates's Avatar

i usually hate mascaras with big brushes, but i love this stuff! don't care if it can grow my lashes. it makes them look so full.

THERE'S A SNAKE IN MY BOOT Stumpy's Avatar
    Cairn - I was at the Dior counter about a month ago and they sold me some Dior Addict Crystal Gloss. I love it!

Stains are often drying, but this gives you a light stain AND a gloss, so that once the shiny gloss as faded you still have a tiny hint of colour. And it doesn't feel like a gloss, it goes on more like a balm, so you don't find your hair constantly sticking to it. It also means it doesn't dry out or leave the sticky residue you get with glosses which are impossible to remove.

It is a bit costly - about £19 here - but it seems to be lasting round about forever.

oh, god. hair in the gloss. i could kill that's so annoying.

THERE'S A SNAKE IN MY BOOT Stumpy's Avatar
    SERIOUSLY. I won't even TOUCH gloss unless I know I'm going to be wearing my headphones outside for the following 45m. It keeps it out the way perfectly.

yep, it's eventually what forces my hair into a ponytail.

i usually have no problem using store brands, especially cvs brands since i get 30% off, but i recently used the cvs version of this:

and had to stop after 2 days. and i've used neutrogena brand retinol products before with no problem. but 2 days with the cvs brand, and my entire face was peeling and felt like sandpaper. and i know there's a chance of that with retinol anyway, but it's never happened before. i'm thinking something is off in the cvs formulation.

Thanks Stumpy! That sounds worth looking into. I wonder if they do samples?

I'm not opposed to spending $ on something that will work and last, but I HATE spending on cosmetics. Cosmetics are the only thing too, that just get wasted if they don't work. I'll force myself to eat something I've bought even if I know I'll never buy it again. Clothes, if they can't be returned or passed to a friend, can become a charitable donation. Make-up, unless a friend wants it, ends up the equivalent of me tearing up dollar bills and letting the pieces fall in the trash.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hollerskates View Post
    i usually have no problem using store brands, especially cvs brands since i get 30% off, but i recently used the cvs version of this:

and had to stop after 2 days. and i've used neutrogena brand retinol products before with no problem. but 2 days with the cvs brand, and my entire face was peeling and felt like sandpaper. and i know there's a chance of that with retinol anyway, but it's never happened before. i'm thinking something is off in the cvs formulation.
    See, I used to get CVS stuff too and didn't have any problems. Now I'm wondering when they stopped giving a shit.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

Last edited by eurotrash; 06-18-2010 at 07:38 PM. Reason: dp

200.JPG
    Rave: L'Oreal True Match Roller

I like True Match because it's fairly priced, decent quality, and the colors work for me, even as I get more tan/pale. This was on sale so I got it instead of the liquid. And I actually like it much better. It works as a concealer when I use my finger. And I had no intention of using the roller, but I tried it and was surprised at how well it works. It feels silly to use (okay who am I joking; it's fun), but the coverage is light and even. I've ended up wearing foundation more often than usual because it goes on lighter than the liquid.

^ thanks, I've been meaning to try that! I love true match.

Me too, and I've also thought about trying that, but was scared of the roller. Not so much anymore. Yay for reviews!