Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Reviews - Love it or Leave it

It's been a long time, but here is my current blush love
    Rock & Republic blushes
    amazing quality blushes, but unfortunately are now discontinued. I picked a bunch when they were on sale at Editor's Choice. They remind of NARS blushes but are more finely milled and are more pigmented. A skunk brush is definitely needed with these. I love the fact that they last all day and don't seem to oxidize (go orange) on me, even in summer. They are also huge, the size of MAC beauty powders.
    Spank is probably the only one I might actually use up - it is a perfect neutral matte pink blush.

Spank is on the left and Call Me is on the right

You'll never leave Harlan alive. orange shampoo's Avatar

Icon15

Quote Originally Posted by MTC View Post
    How well did it work?
    It works really well (it's called Bi-facil). I also received a sample some time ago. I don't do my eyes up often, but when I do I tend to go all out... the stuff took off shadow, high intensity pigment, waterproof eyeliner and waterproof mascara. It left my eye skin feeling moisturized and refreshed; and it did not burn.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    ^Sweeet. I might give it a go even at $26 a pop.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

If you're going to buy it from Lancome, they're having a Friends & Family sale right now at Lancome boutiques.

Sales Flyer from Karlasugar's blog

I was giggling this morning when using the roller. It really is a bit like painting a wall. But it really helps blend it out because I use it pretty heavily over my undereye area but not much on the cheeks. This helps combat the white-raccoon effect.

I've been using Clinque make up remover for years. I can only use the non-oily type.

Yay: Rinse Off

Nay: Take The Day Off

there is no home without you hollerskates's Avatar
    ^^yes. i hate the oily kind.

After wearing Lancome's Miracle perfume for seven years, I've finally found another perfume to be in love with:

Chloe EDT

I bought the EDP a couple of years ago, but it was too sweet. This one's truly lovely.

waited with a glacier's patience Churumbela's Avatar

I'm considering marrying this lip gloss. I bought Iced Latte, a very flattering beigy sort of color. It smells wonderful, the gloss is a gorgeous texture and not super sticky. It says the gloss is "lip-plumping," but I'm not sure that it really is. It doesn't have that unpleasant tingling that most plumping glosses have. The applicator tip is quite small, so it works well for a more precise application.
    Downside: $21 a tube, and I could probably go through this stuff in a month.
    I am the beginning. The end. The one that is many.

This sounds like I'm joking but I'm not. Wal-Mart has had these shampoo packs of Axe for 3 dollars. There's a couple of trial size bottles of hair scrub, a big bottle bottle of dandruff shampoo/conditioner, and a big bottle of 'Just Clean.' For some reason this stuff works so well with my hair.

Icon15

Vichy Purete Thermale 3-in-1 Facial Cleanser

I'm lazy, so I love that this is a make-up remover, cleanser and toner all in one. It smells nice, not too strong, and doesn't sting my eyes when I remove my make-up with it. Also, I used to have problem skin, but this has really improved my skin, I hardly ever get blemishes anymore.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar

Icon15

Quote Originally Posted by marci View Post
    I've been using Clinque make up remover for years. I can only use the non-oily type.

Yay: Rinse Off

Tried. Love!
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

authentic hotdog cart vendor Frangipani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairn View Post

Goody Spin Pins:

I LOVE these. Love, love, love.
    Just got a pair today. They ARE nice! I have super long thick, wavy hair and these
    babies hold it all up. I might get a couple more.

Onto scents
    My evolution of scents is as follows:

Angel (10 years ago, now EVERYBODY is wearing it. Psha)
    Chanel Mademoiselle (still love it)

A nurse pointed me in the direction of an Ed Hardy scent that I really liked. Forgot which one it was, but it had those musky patchuli notes in it, like my other perfumes. I just cant bring myself to buy anything Ed Hardy.

And now I'm wearing and loving this:

I bought Stila apricot lip glaze because I heard Tori used it. Which sounds like a stupid reason, but in all honesty every single lip gloss/glaze/stick that I've ever used has done nothing but clump and create build-up on my lips. So I figured if the lady can wear it on stage and in interviews night after night, then it's probably pretty good.

I was pleasantly surprised. Best lip gloss I've ever used. Not overly-sticky, doesnt clump, and stays shiney for a long time. Love it.

And, as far as drug store makeup goes, I've found that Rimmel is the best, IMO. Their mascara is fantastic.

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar

Paul LaBrecque Curly Style Conditioner

My hairdresser recommended this product to me, and I trust her, so I bought it. It's expensive - about $34 for the bottle. However, the very efficient pump design (to minimize product waste) and the very small amount you need to use has made this one bottle of conditioner last me nearly 5 months (I condition at least 3-4 times a week), and it's SO WORTH IT. I can get away with using a cheaper curl cream because this conditioner is so amazing.