Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: When people "bingo" you...

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Seriously! The class was one for my Social Work major and he was the head of the department. He used his story to introduce the concept of family, saying that his family was his wife and the fact that they don't have children doesn't make their family less than.
    He also said that if they would have had children, they wouldn't have had the money for him to take a semester without pay. He said he usually said something like, "Well my wife needs me all the same and if we would have had children, we wouldn't be able to afford my leave of absence."
    What a completely generous and tactful response to such ridiculous badgering. My gut reaction to something like that would be "Fuck you."

Quote Originally Posted by Laura View Post
    What a completely generous and tactful response to such ridiculous badgering. My gut reaction to something like that would be "Fuck you."
    I think he was immensely helped by his professional training and experience. A "fuck you, asshole" response totally isn't unwarranted.

I took this class in the late 90s and his wife's cancer was some 5 to 10 years earlier. So you are looking at the early 90s at the latest that this happened. I wonder if he would get the some response today.