Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: My Brightest Diamond.

Yay more recorded Shara on the way:

http://gabrielkahane.bandcamp.com/tr...t-shara-worden

Wonderful show in Brooklyn tonight; I'd been dying for years to hear her play Workhorse, and not only did I finally get my wish tonight, but it was an amazing version. Inside A Boy was also the best I've heard it. She was super playful and seemed to be having fun.

I had no idea that she had her name legally changed to Shara Nova two weeks ago; Shara Worden is in fact no more!

Spoilered Setlist:
    Last edited by Nick; 03-19-2016 at 03:11 AM.

She was looking out the window Snow White's Avatar
    ^ Thanks for the set list! Was wondering what she was playing lately (i.e. if any of the new songs have materialized).

I also love the new name. Yay Shara. Yay transformations.

Omg someone just sent me a rip of the super hard to find 'Word' album Shara did in 1998. It has a lot of songs that would end up on the AwRY albums later. Never thought I would find this. I even asked Shara about it but she was like "Yeah I have some in a bix somewhere but I'm not sure where" and she didn't seem super enthusiastic about the release in general.

Will listen to it tonight and post some thoughts.

Apparently MBD took part in a Berlin music festival and they posted her entire set which is mostly new songs: http://youtu.be/pa4maZv0bHo So exciting.

Oh, that's great! Thanks!

That's so Shakespearean... Canoodlefish's Avatar
    "Never build a dungeon that you cannot get out of."

Oh gorgeous! I love hearing her just on acoustic; what a great explanation.

I stopped playing acoustic guitar in 1998 because I felt that there were so many stereotypes with women and acoustic guitars, so I have explored electric guitar ever since. However I have held resentment about this, that in order to avoid the assumptions of others, I’ve prevented myself from showing a side of myself that exists. I decided to take this opportunity with Amazon to fully engage with my own fear of vulnerability, my resistance to the stereotypes and expose a quieter side, so I wrote a love song on acoustic guitar.

Not sure if these are parts of new songs or improv but it's a lovely performance!

More new MBD!

My friends took me to a music festival in Antwerp for my birthday and though I had no idea who any of the artists were, I was pretty pumped as it was classical/baroque inspired, with all acoustic instruments. I had no idea who Shera Nova/My Brightest Diamond was, so didn't know what to expect. But, imagine this. The audience consisted of 20 people, Shera was about two feet away on a tiny stage (literally it just fit the 5 musicians), accompanied with a piano, wind instrument (don't remember what it was now), drum, and a harp. She had given the songs to the musicians just a few days earlier and there they were, performing these lush, gorgeous songs, her voice exquisitely classical, yet infused with honey and soul. The selection of 5 songs included one called If I Were Queen and it's the only one I could find in her discography, but there was a running theme in the songs. Each dealt with self-empowerment and lost love for oneself. With 20 people watching her, she performed each song directly to us, sang into our eyes and souls. It was without a doubt the most touching, intimate, beautiful concert I've been to. The fact I didn't know anything about her or the songs, made it extra special. Also, there's something very empathetic about her, the way she looked at each one of us with this motherly wisdom.
    Last edited by Baltic; 01-11-2018 at 01:36 PM.
    "The only time I get in that position is when I give birth." - Dorothy Zbornak

Totally missed that the first single is out! French version of Champagne (English version also coming on the Champagne EP next week). Not sure if there are any other new tracks on the EP, if a full album is coming after that, or anything else. Anyone heard anything?

The Champagne EP is coming April 27th, but we pop the cork today with Champagne FR (en Français). For our English-speaking friends, the English version arrives alongside the Champagne EP released on 4/27.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Totally missed that the first single is out! French version of Champagne (English version also coming on the Champagne EP next week). Not sure if there are any other new tracks on the EP, if a full album is coming after that, or anything else. Anyone heard anything?
    There are a ton of new songs. There's a whole live show of them here:

It's unclear what songs will be part of the EP versus the new album...

Only one new track for now (A Million Pearls) and the English version (plus remixes) of Champagne. I really like a lot of the new songs she's played live so I'm glad she's not blowing her load with one EP. Looking forward to full album news!

Champagne is ok, I prefer the French version. A Million Pearls though? Stunning.