Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My Brightest Diamond.

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    post28.

A weird live release popped up on iTunes (US) the other day: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/sha...as/id286927505

It's not listed under My Brightest Diamond but under Shara Worden. It has 3 My Brightest Diamonds tracks on it (including a brilliant solo performance of Black & Costaud), two AwRY songs and Riding Horses, which is both an AwRY and a My Brightest Diamond track.

Go and get it

thank you dollsbitches ! just download it

It's been available on emusic for a while, but it's great to see it being made more widely available

From mailinglist:

On October 18th, at (le) Poisson Rouge in NYC, Shara will be performing the music of Sarah Kirkland Snider backed by yMusic, a six piece chamber ensemble with violinist Rob Moose at the helm (you remember the guy playing violin on every MBD album? yeah, that's him!).

"This is What You're Like" mp3

The album, entitled Penelope (which officially will be released on New Amsterdam Records on October 26th) is a 60-minute song cycle composed by Snider for Worden and the orchestral group, Signal, based on texts by playwright Ellen McLaughlin, derived from the music theater piece of the same name she and Snider wrote together in 2007-2008.

The songs loosely tell a story: A womanís husband appears at her door after an absence of 20 years, suffering from brain damage. A veteran of a modern war, he doesnít know who he is and she doesnít know who heís become. While they wait together for his return to himself, she reads him Homerís epic poem The Odyssey, and in the journey of that book, she finds a way into her former husbandís memory and the terror and trauma of war.

Yeah!

OMG THE SONG IS AMAZING!!!!

Further proof that mommy Shara needs to get that new album DONE!

The album is already for sale on the Dutch iTunes. It'd awesome. Really. Including this really moving acappella song. Wow.

I bet if you change your store to the Dutch one and look up the album, you'll be able to hear the previews. Or maybe they're already up on the US one as well, I don't know.

I heard "This Is What You're Like" a while ago, but I thought that was the only song Shara was contributing to the project (as with Here Lies Love). Really exciting to hear that she's going to be the main vocalist.

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    Wow, that song is great! Thank you for posting.

...the clips on the Nertherlands iTunes sound absolutely gorgeous. I need to hear the full thing! Why isn't it in the US yet?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    ...the clips on the Nertherlands iTunes sound absolutely gorgeous. I need to hear the full thing! Why isn't it in the US yet?!
    Wow i agree , the clips are really great
    I really can't wait to hear it all . Shara voice is amazing

Edit : just downloaded the new song and it's beautiful !

Does anyone know what is this CD ?
    http://www.amazon.com/Word-Shara-Wor...984885&sr=8-11

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    It's an album Shara recorded before any of the My Brightest Diamond or even AwRY stuff. She doesn't like it now. It's not really available anywhere. Interestingly enough, some of the tracks would later appear on AwRY albums, such as He Wants and Leviathan.

Cool
    Thank you
    Anyway ,I think I found my Album of the year 2010

Ha I really enjoy it as well. Even though the tagging on iTunes is awful.