Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: My Brightest Diamond.

Awesome show tonight at Public Arts; the first half was particularly strong! It was a ton of new material (which I've mostly been avoiding so I'm not tired of it all by the time the album comes out), plus Be Brave, I Have Never Loved Someone... and Lover Killer. It was just her and a drummer with backing tracks, but the sound was great and the backing tracks were unobtrusive.

Champagne was amazing live (with a nice little guitar solo from Shara), and the best song of the night was definitely A Million Pearls. It's great in the studio but it was really something else live. I brought a friend who was in town but doesn't know her stuff except for Pressure, and he really like Million Pearls too. He also got a surprise when she started the show offstage and - a minute into the song - suddenly appeared behind us, then sang right to him for a minute. I definitely loved most of the other new material (there was maybe one song I didn't love called Dorian but it was about a friend who died in an accident and she was very emotional beforehand).

Anyway, great show and really has me pumped for the album (but still no word when it will be out). I did pick up a limited edition Champagne 7" with one of the new songs as a b-side. Hope she comes around again when the album's out so I can go in knowing the songs better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Awesome show tonight at Public Arts; the first half was particularly strong! It was a ton of new material (which I've mostly been avoiding so I'm not tired of it all by the time the album comes out), plus Be Brave, I Have Never Loved Someone... and Lover Killer. It was just her and a drummer with backing tracks, but the sound was great and the backing tracks were unobtrusive.

Champagne was amazing live (with a nice little guitar solo from Shara), and the best song of the night was definitely A Million Pearls. It's great in the studio but it was really something else live. I brought a friend who was in town but doesn't know her stuff except for Pressure, and he really like Million Pearls too. He also got a surprise when she started the show offstage and - a minute into the song - suddenly appeared behind us, then sang right to him for a minute. I definitely loved most of the other new material (there was maybe one song I didn't love called Dorian but it was about a friend who died in an accident and she was very emotional beforehand).

Anyway, great show and really has me pumped for the album (but still no word when it will be out). I did pick up a limited edition Champagne 7" with one of the new songs as a b-side. Hope she comes around again when the album's out so I can go in knowing the songs better.
    ahhh! I almost went! so glad it was a good show. havent seen her since the unwind tour. excited for the new album!

Shara at the PEOPLE festival/event in Berlin from the weekend. Bunch of gorgeous little videos from Vincent Moon (Blogoteque guy) have emerged on the event/organization's YouTube. Just tossed a Feist one in her thread as well.

my brightest diamond is finally releasing a new album!

http://rhyme-reason.com/my-brightest-diamond

NEW RECORD ‘A MILLION AND ONE’ OUT NOVEMBER 23RD ON RHYME & REASON

Shara Nova, the classically trained vocalist and self-taught multi-instrumentalist who records dazzling, shapeshifting music as MyBrightest Diamond, has always felt like an outsider. Over the course of four groundbreaking albums, she has resisted the conventions of genre, blending elements of rock, art pop, and chamber music into a sound totally her own. While fiercely independent, she like everyone else, still desires connectedness. This tension is at the core of her new album ‘A Million And One’ where she has once again reinvented herself. Stripping away her classical orchestrations, Nova takes a harder look at song form drawing on a body of influences from her teen years listening to Detroit radio and beyond, the sound stretches the edge of electronic and pop. A Million And One is a profoundly beautiful album from an artist at the top of her game.
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...nd-one-739093/

here's the new song:

Last edited by velvetjosephine; 10-27-2018 at 12:32 AM.
    Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together.