Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: TORI DREAMS

Godammit, reading about all those Tori dreams in the UG thread recently has given me my first ever one! Very brief, she was filming a video for Fast Horse whilst strolling along a cliff in Cornwall, and during a break in filming she came up to me and asked me, in confidential tones, if I could persuade 'him' to move to New York, because she wanted to but 'he' didn't think it was a good idea.

WHAT CAN IT MEAN?!!

Apart from fact that my brain has apparently still not absorbed the shock of AATS.

Had a very random dream of listening to Caught a Lite Sneeze and discovering, after all these years, that it actually starts with the sound of sneezing.

Probably because I've been sick for a while and I keep coughing / sneezing

to the loneliest city in the world other pete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chosen View Post
    Had a very random dream of listening to Caught a Lite Sneeze and discovering, after all these years, that it actually starts with the sound of sneezing.

After my realisation last week that the rhythm track to Sugar is like the sound of sugar crunching (IMHO and STILL REELING), and a while back that the opening notes of Hey Jupiter are what you hear down the line here when no one's picking up the phone, nothing would surprise me.

ETA: It kind of does, ya know, those drums cymbals...

Quote Originally Posted by other pete View Post
    After my realisation last week that the rhythm track to Sugar is like the sound of sugar crunching (IMHO and STILL REELING), and a while back that the opening notes of Hey Jupiter are what you hear down the line here when no one's picking up the phone, nothing would surprise me.

ETA: It kind of does, ya know, those drums cymbals...
    ;D Yeah, but in my dream it was the sound of an actual person sneezing.

Otoh, I've always thought that Pancake was sort of a sonic representation of making pancakes, with the "like a flaaaaaag on a popstar on benzodiazopine" being the moment when the batter is poured into the pan, so.

I have wondered for roughly 15 years why I never dream about Tori. I dream about other celebs but never her and guess what!!??
    I finally had a dream about her last night!! Woohoo lol it was the most random thing and I'm so glad it wasn't real haha..

So, it was X Factor and she was a special guest performer and she came out dressed in a blonde wig. A glittery bra top and a mini skirt with cowboy boots performing "Goodbye Pisces" without a piano. Just her and a mic dancing around. The audience looked mortified.

^ At least she didn't perform Leather or Maybe California

P.S. I really want her to do Goodbye Pisces more often!
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

Last night I dreamed that Tori had a new single/video for UG and it was simply called "C". The video was mostly black with abstract white shapes/symbols occasionally showing through the black liquid on the screen, and you would see a glimpse of Tori once in a while. I don't remember much about the song, just that I liked it enough that I was going to add it to my UG mix along with her other bonus tracks.

feel it seep thru the slick divide MyNameisWarts's Avatar
    I had a dream that Tori released three new albums; re-recorded versions of LE and UtP, and an original album called “Etcuseé of the Inconspackuence” ... :-O

i had a dream a few months back where there was a stand in the mall for a phone interview with tori and when she finally answered she said hi and hung up
    -time moves both ways-

I haven't had a Tori dream in years...until last night, where I dreamed a disastrous Youtube livestream concert for Native Invader.

The livestream was filmed in a filthy, fluorescent lit kitchen. When it started, three biker-type roadies in khaki cargo shorts were setting up a Casio keybord, mic, and bar stool between the fridge and the sink (it was really, really weird--like something out of the Saw films). Tori then comes out and sits at the stool. She was wearing a black glittery mesh bodysuit and had NOH-era hair, and covered her chest via a bedazzled leather bondage harness in the shape of a crucifix.

She said, "I'm Tori Amos, and my new album Native Invader comes out this September." Then she grabs the mic, and starts singing Wampum Prayer, but not just any Wampump Prayer, this one:

I remember feeling disappointed that every concert was going to open with this song, then Tori abruptly stopped and the three roadie guys could be heard laughing off screen. Tori stands up and turns around (I thought, "Oh cool! The harness makes a cross on her back too! Like she's carrying the cross! Awesome!") but then she leans into the fridge and starts crying. At this point I'm thinking Holy Shit what is going on, then a voice tells the roadies to "Get the fuck out of here, guys" and I realize it's none other than Karen Binns herself as she walks on screen and tells Tori, "You know you don't have to do this if you don't want to." Tori then slowly turns around, mascara running down her face, and says, "Okay."

Then I woke up.

That dream is the whole ADP thru AATS era in a nutshell.

I constantly dream of discovering a PJ Harvey/Tori Amos album I somehow missed, full of unheard classics, and am always about to listen to it when I wake up. Though, in a way with Peeping Tommi, Motormaids etc Tori's beginning to make that dream a reality
    Last edited by lucille; 05-06-2017 at 12:38 PM.

Every once in a while (maybe 3 times over the past year) I have dreamt of Tori releasing an album that I hear as amazing and groundbreaking and will sometimes hear one song in my dream and it sounds incredible. I am usually in a record store opening the CD booklet and leafing through the lovely album artwork. There are often other Tori albums and singles on the shelf I don't have... or knew existed. The most recent dream I had Tori was in it but she was more like my friend and not Tori and was listening with me and liked her music. There were a lot of boxes in the room I was in listening to it - and when I opened them there were lots of clothes - all that belonged to Tori...
    Last edited by Beelust; 05-06-2017 at 02:13 PM.
    Robbing the muse...

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ime Achoo Dooa View Post
    I haven't had a Tori dream in years...until last night, where I dreamed a disastrous Youtube livestream concert for Native Invader.

The livestream was filmed in a filthy, fluorescent lit kitchen. When it started, three biker-type roadies in khaki cargo shorts were setting up a Casio keybord, mic, and bar stool between the fridge and the sink (it was really, really weird--like something out of the Saw films). Tori then comes out and sits at the stool. She was wearing a black glittery mesh bodysuit and had NOH-era hair, and covered her chest via a bedazzled leather bondage harness in the shape of a crucifix.

She said, "I'm Tori Amos, and my new album Native Invader comes out this September." Then she grabs the mic, and starts singing Wampum Prayer, but not just any Wampump Prayer, this one:

I remember feeling disappointed that every concert was going to open with this song, then Tori abruptly stopped and the three roadie guys could be heard laughing off screen. Tori stands up and turns around (I thought, "Oh cool! The harness makes a cross on her back too! Like she's carrying the cross! Awesome!") but then she leans into the fridge and starts crying. At this point I'm thinking Holy Shit what is going on, then a voice tells the roadies to "Get the fuck out of here, guys" and I realize it's none other than Karen Binns herself as she walks on screen and tells Tori, "You know you don't have to do this if you don't want to." Tori then slowly turns around, mascara running down her face, and says, "Okay."

Then I woke up.
    WOW.

It was finally the night of the Chicago show. She came out and exclusively played songs I hate. People slowly started leaving and at some point the theatre turned into my basement. Eventually it was just me, another fan and Husband™. Then she left the piano and lipsynced to Big Wheel and told me to knock it off when I started hitting the railing of the stairs during the MILF countdown.
    -time moves both ways-

I've been having a lot of Tori dreams for some reason. This is my favorite:

I am at a concert and Tori comes out and asks who wants a private session backstage. No one is raising their hand for some reason so I do. Tori grabs me by the hand and thanks me for coming. As we get to the other room she sits down to play some music and stops. She then yells "Seth, did you even shower for my concert?". Then Kramer (from Seinfeld) comes up from behind me and says "you stink!"

I woke up in terror and laughter!