Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TORI DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by SageBrushFire View Post
    Also, just so you know, every time I see a post by you I do a double take at your avatar. Gigantic penis, every time.
    Your avatar has so much pussy in it, that I had to add a phallic object to balance things out.

Banned
    I've never had a dream about Tori except for last night, and it was a very strange dream.

In the dream, I went to this place to watch Tori in concert, and when I got there it was some kind of cellar/dungeon/basement place. She came out wearing one of the AATS tour style dresses and sat down at the piano. There was no band, but suddenly a backing track started playing that sounded like circus music, and although I thought it was weird the crowd never reacted and continued watching as if it was normal.

Tori remained sat at the piano while the backing music played, and after about 2 minutes she still hadn't sang or played a note. She pulled out two hand puppets (One was a sheep, the other was a lion) and started talking to them in gibberish. She then seemed to remember there was a crowd watching and told us she had forgotten the words to the song, and we would have to leave and come back in a few hours.

So then everyone left, except me, and nobody seemed to notice I was still there. After a few hours, it was time for the audience to come back, and the two large wooden doors to the venue started moving. The audience then started banging on the door and moaning from the other side, until they pushed it open enough so that I could see them, even though the door was still barricaded. It was at this point I realised they had all turned into zombies.

Soon, one of the crew took the bar away from the door to let the zombies in, and they staggered towards the front of the stage to wait for Tori. None of them noticed me. She came out after a few minutes and did her trademark wave, and although they all began moving towards her in typical zombie fashion (arms outstretched, groaning loudly) she didn't seem to care and continued moving towards the piano. She then sat down and began to play. Meanwhile th zombies stormed the stage and started eating her. Until her last breath she was smiling and attempting to sing.

The dream then went on for what seemed like days. Zombies took over the earth and me and all the other humans went to a castle in the Highlands to live. Eventually, the zombies found us and we made peace with them, and zombies and humans accepted eachother and lived together perfectly fine. I woke up laughing at how ridiculous the dream was, but as far as my dreams go it was quite tame.

What an active imagination you have during dream time!

I just dreamt of her last night. She was playing in a wet market, solo, and those housewives just all stood around her watching her play holding all those plastic bags of ingredients. (I am a Chinese, and we use plastic bags a lot here in a wet market.) It's funny because she was in her Santa wig, but playing a ballad. (I dunno what that song is, anyway)

I had one last week were Tori was older. She was probably in her late 60s. She still had orange hair but it was short and curly (like an old lady perm) and she was wearing glasses. On stage she was just standing at a microphone not seated at the piano. I kept trying to convince myself that it was her, but she looked so frail and old. I didn't recognize the songs she was singing either. I've had quite a few Tori dreams, but this one was by far the most disappointing.
    I always liked a good storm.

Banned
    I dreamt once that I was out for a glass of wine with this red-haired woman. And she had the most meandering trend of thought during conversation. It would take a while for me to figure out the point she was making or where her story was going.

At some point in her monologue, she says to me: "so, you know... I guess I'm trying to say you have to concertina it out. Look at it like a concertina."

So, I guess that was Tori, right?

I had a random Tori dream myself last night. I don't remember it completely, but it was quite odd. I was back in my house where I grew up in New Jersey, where my parents live still, and I was somehow taking care of Tori's kid. It was Tash, except Tash was a boy. I remember him being quite smart for his age (like her) and he was waiting for Tori and Mark to come pick him up. All I could think about was "Wow, I can't believe Tori is actually going to come here to my house." Then she called on the cordless phone, and I passed the phone to "Tash." That's when he said they were on their way. I started to ask him some questions, like either what phone number she called from or where they live, and he wouldn't tell me. There was some part in between all of this where one of us cooked something, like a cake, but I vaguely remember it.

Then I saw something on here about Tori being pregnant again. And the photo was of Tori from the side, with a long tight gray dress of some sort, and you could see her belly. And everyone on here was shocked at how she was pregnant again. So then I was getting into my parents car, and I was with "Tash," and we were either going somewhere or sitting there when they pulled up behind us in a green minivan. haha. But I never got to meet Tori in the dream, nor see her. It was very odd.

^
    Definitely counts, flaxenhair. Too many Tori elements to ignore.

I've had more Tori dreams than I care to admit. They often come before a tour starts (this even when I didn't have the interweb, and didn't know a tour was imminent).

In most of them, the show starts as in RL, but then things get more & more subdued, seats empty out, those of us left slowly draw closer to the stage until we're as close as we can get. It's the opposite of a stage rush: everyone is very calm & quiet. Sometimes she talks to us individually, but from the stage. Every dream, I think "I can't believe how intimate this show is. I can't believe this is happening."

Wish fulfillment, anyone?

Wouldn't that be amazing if you were at a Tori concert, and she spoke to you one-on-one from her stage, taking song requests!?

I'll put on my silver UnderTheSpace's Avatar
    I am quite sure I didn't have many dreams with Tori but I do rememeber 2 of them where I had sof of babysit Tash, while Tori was touring. These dreams were years ago. I also remember being terrified of babysitting Tash, specially of making her crying and having Tori rage upon me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marysofthesea View Post
    ^
    Definitely counts, flaxenhair. Too many Tori elements to ignore.
    Haha! Yes. Afterward, I was like, "Oh. So, I was supposed to take a hint that that woman was to represent Tori."

In most of them, the show starts as in RL, but then things get more & more subdued, seats empty out, those of us left slowly draw closer to the stage until we're as close as we can get. It's the opposite of a stage rush: everyone is very calm & quiet. Sometimes she talks to us individually, but from the stage. Every dream, I think "I can't believe how intimate this show is. I can't believe this is happening."

Wish fulfillment, anyone?
    This is sooo great! Not to go too off-topic, but I think Tori's particular brand of songwriting and performance art is very much conducive to this type of experience! I am always amazed when I see videos from the early 90s and at how chatty Tori could - so to speak - "afford" to be when her repertoire of songs was much much smaller. Back then, it was almost like cabaret and that genre is bigger and more respectable than what most people imagine, or even a form of open-mic/stand-up (comedy/drama/etc ).

I know people are often disappointed or complain that she only says hi, introduces the band if one is present and then doesn't verbally exchange with the audience much thereafter, but if one thinks about how her number of songs have increased over the years while the duration of the shows haven't increased (to 3-4 hours...), then it's kinda clear why she doesn't interact verbally.

This type of intimate setting where she addresses and exchanges with audience members would be interesting even nowadays. I think we might be able to gain some surprising insight into quite a few songs.
    Last edited by flaxenhair; 08-06-2010 at 05:51 PM.

to the loneliest city in the world other pete's Avatar
    Boost!

So last night I dreamed we lived in a flat, sharing a hallway which had an old cassette an answer phone in it, which we MUSTNT play the messages from, and there was a mysterious family living across the hall who we never saw.

Then one night I couldnt sleep.

Strange noises across the hall.

A light under the door.

Firelight is flickering in through the hall window, and outside some kind of fox/goose/hotpants child is dancing round a bonfire while a glamour/matriarch looks on (seriously, the EPK has penetrated my subconscious)

I move to the answer phone which I MUSTNT touch, and press play.

"[Gulp] Tori? Toriiiii? You [gulp] didnt ring back about the support slot. Tori? I keep leaving all these messages..."

Mac Aladdin emerges from the other flat, grating cheese on to a plate (SYMBOLISM) as he walks past and unplugs the answer machine.

I have been a bit stressed lately.

Is they how they spelled it - MUSTNT - in your dream?

to the loneliest city in the world other pete's Avatar
    I'm too disturbed by the lack of imagination my subconscious displayed with the cheese-grating to worry about punctuated abbreviations

We'll see how brave you are friend of the western sky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Welcome2England View Post
    She pulled out two hand puppets (One was a sheep, the other was a lion) and started talking to them in gibberish.
    Why is it so frighteningly easy to imagine this really happening? (Substitute "sheep" for "fox" and "lion" for "goose")

Quote Originally Posted by other pete View Post
    Mac Aladdin emerges from the other flat, grating cheese on to a plate (SYMBOLISM) as he walks past and unplugs the answer machine.
    I bow to the subconscious that is capable of producing such apt symbolism.