Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TORI DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by other pete View Post
    Mac Aladdin emerges from the other flat, grating cheese on to a plate (SYMBOLISM) as he walks past and unplugs the answer machine.
    This made me laugh to tears!

I rarely have dreams related to something/someone I'm a fan of (except for a really fun dream I had, in which Harry Potter and I were on a ship, battling with zombies) but I had a vaguely Tori-related dream a few days ago. I dreamed I lived in a village in a prehistoric civilisation, and that the women of the village took care of the shrines: straw huts with altars dedicated to different seasons of the year. Two of the shrines were called The Scarlet's Walk Shrine and The Beekeeper Shrine.
    Black Diamond finally confessed

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Welcome2England View Post
    Tori remained sat at the piano while the backing music played, and after about 2 minutes she still hadn't sang or played a note. She pulled out two hand puppets (One was a sheep, the other was a lion) and started talking to them in gibberish. She then seemed to remember there was a crowd watching and told us she had forgotten the words to the song, and we would have to leave and come back in a few hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by friend of the western sky View Post
    Why is it so frighteningly easy to imagine this really happening? (Substitute "sheep" for "fox" and "lion" for "goose")
    I think that was posted before we knew The Light Princess was going to have puppets in it as well!

I should light some candles and try to predict the lottery numbers.

We'll see how brave you are friend of the western sky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Welcome2England View Post
    I think that was posted before we knew The Light Princess was going to have puppets in it as well!

I should light some candles and try to predict the lottery numbers.
    Oh my goodness.

I had a very vivid Tori dream last night, after not really having a Tori dream in years. She was promoting NoH. I think she was playing something like The Today Show, and I went to see her. They had enough room for almost half of a theater. Tori appeared and had either a wig, or real hair, that looked like an updated version of her 1991 hair. It was very curly and long, but seemed a bit heavier and brighter. And she had bright red lipstick, but looked older. Basically like if she aged exactly from how she looked in 1991/1992. She had all of the musicians from NoH in back of her, and apparently she was pregnant in the dream, and had just announced it, so she was sitting in a brown living room armchair recliner, which was her way of being careful with her new baby. The funny thing is it seemed completely natural that she was just singing from the chair, but not playing piano, which is what she does. I don't remember what song she performed, but that was pretty much it.

Last night I dreamed that Tori gave a VERY exclusive interview (the year was about 2030) to some magazine and in it she referred the 2000s as "the Fori era" and she was really casual and somewhat proud about it as if it was Picasso's Blue Period. I was really shocked reading it and was eager to share it here. I don't remember much of the interview...

"The only time I get in that position is when I give birth." - Dorothy Zbornak

I've been having Star Trek dreams... so much better. I don't think Picard likes me very much.

In anticipation of the coming tour I've seen several Tori in concert dreams. In the longest one she started the show with CFG and followed it with HIMH, but then she stopped and started talking with the audience. At one point I saw that she was wearing Marimekko's Unikko wellington boots, like these, except in blue:

Threat level: Bitch in a wheelchair andy's Avatar
    The other night I dreamed a drag queen pulled off Tori's wig, to reveal another wig. This happened six time until he finally pulled off her face and she was Ross Kemp.

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    Tori Amos was in my dream last night. She was trying to do a live recording in Dublin before the whole audience was let in (though the gig venue itself seems to have been this tiny upstairs venue in Waterford.) There was a little crowd of people there to clap before and afterwards on cue. However, it was all going wrong for her, for the first two songs, and people were being too noisy, and I got a dirty look for tweeting on a bluetooth keyboard (I've no idea. I was also in a suit. Also no idea.)

And after two failed attempts at songs she changed to a digital piano down where the audience were and did a version of China where she started by playing the guitar walking through the audience and recording some loops, and then adding vocal loops, then singing at the digital piano. It was a rather good version. She was wearing one of my tshirts. Of course one of my dream thoughts was "Ah! So Tori is Mac Aladdin now!"

Then she decided to come and give out to me for "swaying" and putting her off during the first verse, which she flubbed and was nearly in tears over while playing - to which I replied that they'd stacked chairs badly so one of the legs of my chair was actually off the edge of the raised seating. Then she was ok with it.

It was a really bizarre dream. Mostly because I've no idea why Tori Amos was in my dream or where she nicked my new tshirt from.

Hurt people hurt people too toriMODE's Avatar
    I had my first Tori dream in a long time last night. I was in a neighborhood or something, and there was like this camp set up where Tori was to perform. I came across her and we began to talk. I noticed that she looked like the indian that she posed as in Kevyn Aucoin's book. She had on really dark and uneven orange and brown foundation. Tori seemed depressed, so I talked with her and tried to make her feel better. Then I told her that she needed better make up, and she encouraged me to apply new make up on her. So I am applying it with my fingers on her face, and she looks so much better. Turns out her performance was not for that night, but for the next day. A friend that I had told about her being in town, couldn't make it, but since it was the next day, I ran to his house where he was celebrating Christmas. I gave him a Christmas Card, and then proceeded to tell him about Tori's concert being the next day, and not today. And that's pretty much where the dream ended.

A couple nights ago I dreamed that two friends and I got tickets to see Tori. We had the entire front row to ourselves and the seats didn't have arm rests so we brought blankets and pillows and made ourselves comfortable. The lights went down and the stage lit up. On the stage we saw life size cardboard cutouts of Tori dressed as Ronald McDonald (in various poses and photography styles; black and white, blurry, etc.) and then Tori comes out dressed as Ronald and is ready to perform. The songs were so slow and boring that we ended up falling asleep. We woke up a couple hours later and watched the rest of the concert and went home.

We take in stray ducks. John's Face's Avatar
    Dreamed last night that Tori was performing in Portland. She had a very raspy voice, and decided she didn't want to finish the show, so she asked if she could come hangout at my place. At home I realized I only had a $4 bottle of wine to offer, and I was mortified.
    Then I got on unforumzed and saw that I had a bunch of red dots because people blamed me for ruining the concert. There was a thread devoted to digging up dirt on me, and among other tidbits about my life was: "He had FIVE failed BLOGS!"
    That is all.
    Enter signature here.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltic View Post
    A couple nights ago I dreamed that two friends and I got tickets to see Tori. We had the entire front row to ourselves and the seats didn't have arm rests so we brought blankets and pillows and made ourselves comfortable. The lights went down and the stage lit up. On the stage we saw life size cardboard cutouts of Tori dressed as Ronald McDonald (in various poses and photography styles; black and white, blurry, etc.) and then Tori comes out dressed as Ronald and is ready to perform. The songs were so slow and boring that we ended up falling asleep. We woke up a couple hours later and watched the rest of the concert and went home.
    Are you sure that was a dream and not a real life memory?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another dream. This time Tori went on a rant outside somewhere when a fan asked her a question about the new album. The question was not critical of her music, but she responded very angrily, saying: "It's my album and I can do with it whatever I want. I realize that the production on the past albums hasn't been liked, but it's my music and I make it for myself. I can't consider what everyone wants to hear!" That's it. It felt like her "lady in the white shirt" freakout.

I've had this really glorious dream about a week before we started to get bits and pieces of the album cover: her camp had released a new promo image that so hideous, so uber photoshoped that it became an internet meme. The photo itself was kind of like a cross of some promo shots from Midwinter Graces and that infamous 2005 shoot in which she looked utterly deformed. I remember seeing friends of mine on facebook sharing the meme and being pretty shocked.

Thankfully, it looks like it wasn't a premonition.