Page 64 of 73 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Vincent

had Los Ageless in my head the past few days, that's a very earmworm-y riff.

Did anyone manage to catch the stream of the red bull gig? From what I’ve seen online the new songs sound incredible. Seeing her next week in Manchester and am so so excited!

Since it has leaked, what do you think of Masseduction?

Welp. After one listen, MASSEDUCTION is my album of the year. I don't think it gets better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Welp. After one listen, MASSEDUCTION is my album of the year. I don't think it gets better than this.
    For me I can't decide between MASSEDUCTION and Rainbow. But it's unequivocally one of the best albums this year. Can't wait for the piano version release.

aging hipster trash The Seaward's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    I'm with you, dude. She's exceeded every (high) expectation. It doesn't get any better than this.
    I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

My god, the title track is a bop.

Those visuals!

I downloaded earlier today and couldn’t get it off my computer onto my iPhone. I also couldn’t get it to burn to disc. Does iTunes not let you copy leaks to cd or your phone anymore? If so, how long has this been going on? I’m seriously on my phone all the time and haven’t opened up my laptop in forever.

BUT...my pre-ordered copy from iTunes is on here now ( I WANTED it like crazy today not only because I was salivating for it but because I had a long drive. Would’ve been perfect. Oh well. ) and I’m waiting until morning to drive around and listen from start to finish. I’ve found that driving around is my favorite way to listen to music and St. Vincent is PERFECT for drives. Anyway, my expectations are sky high and it seems from everyone’s reactions that I won’t be let down. I’m totally expecting it to be my fave of the year. I’ll be surprised if it isn’t.
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

I didn't quite get through the entirety of MASSEDUCTION on my commute this morning, but DAMN is this a great record. If I had time I would have circled the block a few times to finish.

Happy Birthday, Johnny is particularly devastating to me.

As I told Kari earlier, I had barely even opened my eyes this morning before I hit "download" on Spotify...I'm dying to dig in today. This has been such a great year for music (SZA, Perfume Genius, Lorde, Kelela..the list goes on!).

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    It's sort of more...poppy than her usual?
    Agree -- one of the things she keeps mentioning in interviews is that she wanted to write "air tight" songs and i think that's probably part of what she meant, because these are some super-tightly constructed pop songs with monster hooks. I am getting major Prince vibes from the title track.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowth View Post
    Those visuals!

Love this!