Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172
Results 1,066 to 1,072 of 1072

Thread: St. Vincent

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Plenty of electronic artists have people mixing and sampling live. It is pretty common.

Quote Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
    It's perfectly possible to play electronic music live and not use backing tracks, just sayin'.
    Yes, but not with guitars. From what I read, people were complaining about her not playing guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by Glindathegood View Post
    Yes, but not with guitars. From what I read, people were complaining about her not playing guitar.
    Apparently she does play the guitar. That and her vocals are the only live elements, the bass/drums/synths/strings and everything else is a backing track.

Why is this happening to me? beanstew's Avatar
    Yeah, she did play some guitar on most tracks.

I think even just live drums would have made it a bit more live, for me at least.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

I just loved the vibe of the last several shows I saw her at, with the full rock band.
    I loved her interaction with the female keyboardist and they all just sounded so fantastic together.
    I’ll be curious to see what this new set-up is all about and try to keep an open mind, but I have to admit I feel a little disappointed after reading that review.

Acoustic New York

So last night was great! It felt very much like a performance rather than a gig if that makes sense, but the energy really built up throughout it. It was great!