Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Vincent

Some people on Last.fm are listening to it, but that's only because the watermarked files has been sent out to a bunch of journalists.

Surgeon is up at http://strangemercy.com/

It's definitely different from both of her previous albums. I am absolutely loving it.

The title track is kind of similar to The Party, I guess, with lots of echo on her vocals (especially during the 2nd verse). There are drums or some kind of programmed beat, and it's kind of off-beat sometimes, which was probably done on purpose.

Hysterical Strength is probably going to be my favorite track on the album. It's almost like a 70s dance track.

They took the gay right out of me. Buelis's Avatar
    'Surgeon' is brilliant! The electronics at the end make me think of Goldfrapp's 'Black Cherry' album (my favourite of theirs). Annie just keeps getting better and better!

"Surgeon" sounds fantastic. Next to Biophilia, this is my most anticipated album release.

weeaboo artshag unicron insanitykun's Avatar
    Surgeon sounds so fucking good.
    TEN YARDS. tumblr.//etsy. PHOTO. sam branman

Surgeon = Awesome.

They took the gay right out of me. Buelis's Avatar
    I've been listening to the new track all weekend. If the album delivers on the single's promise, this might be my album of the year.

The new song is amazing. Annoying comparison aside: Of all of the female musicians compared to Kate Bush, St. Vincent is one of the few that makes sense to me: she is cerebral, meticulous-seeming, & her songs are so perfectly, lushly produced. She's just fucking smart and brilliant. Love her.
    I miss, I miss,/how you'd sigh yourself to sleep
    When I raked the springtime /across your sheets

the right amount of dirty Mr. Fox's Avatar
    I bought my ticket for the Boston show, and I'm super excited, seeing as how it's the last show of the tour (so far). I've been watching performances of hers on YT, and she's brilliant. I especially love her cover of Tom Waits' Big Black Mariah:

Last edited by Mr. Fox; 08-06-2011 at 05:15 PM. Reason: typo!

thundering blissful towards death stillorbiting's Avatar
    Why is the Boston show at 5:30 PM? I've never been to a show that early. I've also never been to this venue; anyone have any details?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fox View Post
    I bought my ticket for the Boston show, and I'm super excited, seeing as how it's the last show of the tour (so far). I've been watching performances of hers on YT, and she's brilliant. I especially love her cover of Tom Waits' Big Black Maria:

I love that so effing much. Two of my favorite artists in one. She also did a FANTASTIC "Tango Till They're Sore" for the same show.

Even if you don't like Tom Waits, you need to check it out. Her vocals are amazing there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I wanted the tix to the Met rooftop show, but they sold out. I got tix to the other NY show though.
    I know! I just got my Webster Hall ticket in the mail. The Met tickets had to have sold out in under 5 minutes. Weren't they supposed to be going on sale the day after the actually did? I was so confused because there was so little advance notice on ticket info.

weeaboo artshag unicron insanitykun's Avatar
    The Met tickets did sell out in under five minutes. I work there, and I asked one of the event ticketing people. She said they were watching them sell on their computer and were absolutely flabbergasted. I'm also going to Webster!
    TEN YARDS. tumblr.//etsy. PHOTO. sam branman

I couldn't believe it! I was going to go and hang out before the show and see if I could score a spare ticket from someone, but I don't know if it's worth it.