I Prefer Your Love
    Marrow
    Year of the Tiger
    Digital Witness
    The Party
    Cruel
    Surgeon
    Birth in Reverse

here's the official announcement of the new acoustic album. so excited for this: https://pitchfork.com/news/st-vincen...-masseduction/

also, apparently her LA acoustic show was filmed last night so hopefully it'll get some sort of official release.

this is the note she posted along with the announcement:

Dearest,

Thomas Bartlett & I performed these songs over two days in a studio in Midtown Manhattan, August 2017. Our friend, Pat Dillett, recorded and engineered the session, offering words of sardonic encouragement in between takes. Thomas & I faced each other — him, hunched over a grand piano, me, curled on a couch. We neither rehearsed nor spoke about how to approach any song, but rather, played 2-3 live takes, picked the best one, & trusted in the feeling of the moment. It was fast. Intuitive. Discovered. Raw. The result is “MASS EDUCATION,” a reimagining of “MASSEDUCTION.”

I first met Thomas about 10 years ago. Through many red wine-d & tequila-ed nights in downtown New York, he introduced me to so many of the characters & creatures I would later write into songs. Through him I found “MY PEOPLE — THE FREAKS & OTHERS…” I owe my most transcendent nights & exquisite hangovers to his company. Many things have been said of him over the years, “doting virtuoso,” “a queer fantasia over straight themes,” “to know him is to love him, as anyone will tell you…” So here it is: two dear friends playing songs together with the kind of secret understanding one can only get through endless nights in New York City. Enjoy.

Love,

AC

Last edited by DrDark; 10-10-2018 at 04:12 AM.

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    So, the piano only version is pretty beautiful so far. Seriously.

There's some lovely muted/prepared piano work in Savior.

Live version:

It really helps that Thomas Bartett (Doveman) is a wonderful pianist too, obviously.
    Last edited by ebby; 10-12-2018 at 02:03 PM.

yes! I'm loving it so far...really gorgeous. My favorite on first listen is Young Lover. such a beautiful take on that song.

I'm getting greedy now but I still really hope there is some sort of official release of the full show that Savior video is from, because it would be awesome to hear piano versions of the older songs she's been doing too, which have included the following:

Cheerleader
    Prince Johnny
    The Bed
    I Prefer Your Love
    Court and Spark (Joni Mitchell cover)

also here's a cool interview with Annie from Vulture where she talks about creating the different versions of Savior.

How St. Vincent Reimagines Her Own Songs
    http://www.vulture.com/2018/10/st-vi...education.html
    Last edited by MikeEP; 10-12-2018 at 02:33 PM.

I think this is her best album. Seriously. Had this been the actual release? What a shock it would’ve been. It is SO beautiful. I love that you can hear his bench move. It’s so intimate and GAH it may be my favorite release of the year. Slow Disco is just heaven.
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down