Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: The Faux News Thread!

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Fox News Thinks Young Women Are Too Busy with Tinder to "Get" Voting

Fox News host Kimberly Guilfoyle, a woman, shared some advice for us feeble-minded young ladies out here: Let's not burden ourselves with voting! After all, we're far too busy swiping for a man on Tinder to cast an educated vote in the midterm elections, or any election for that matter.

"It's the same reason why young women on juries are not a good idea," Guilfoyle explained to her approving co-hosts. "They don't get it!"

"They’re not in that same life experience of paying the bills, doing the mortgage, kids, community, crime, education, healthcare. They’re like healthy and hot and running around without a care in the world," she added.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    First off, this bitch hasn't even hit 50 and she's got two divorces under her belt so who is she to give advice about life issues. Also. She assumes all young women live rent and utility free, have no children, care little about education, and don't give a rat's ass about healthcare -- she should tell that to young single moms who struggle to make their monthly rent payments while also paying off their student loans while also trying to collect child support from their delinquent ex's while also paying medical insurance premiums/deductibles. And that doesn't cover stuff like, IDK ... food, day-care, transportation. But apparently all these young ladies are concerned about is finding a man on the Interwebs so it's all good.

And it also assumes that the male peers of these women are somehow more responsible and in-tune to what's going on in the world.

I've been so disappointed in women who are turning their backs on other women lately. You don't have to be bff with Gloria Steinem but could you maybe not insult everyone with that crap? Is there a feminist equivalent to Uncle Tom?

Fox News pundit claims that Birmingham is ‘totally Muslim’ city
    Steven Emerson later apologises for error as Twitter rounds on his view of Islam in Britain under the hashtag #FoxNewsFacts

Non-Muslims do not go to the British city of Birmingham, which has become a “totally Muslim” city, it has been claimed. Speaking on US news channel Fox News, Steven Emerson – who claims to be a “terrorism expert” – also said that gangs of religious police in parts of London beat up people who are not wearing Islamic clothes.

Emerson later apologised for his comments, which he admitted were “totally in error”, and said he was planning to make a donation to the Birmingham Children’s hospital.

Emerson appeared as part of Fox News coverage of the recent series of murders in Paris, including the attack on the offices of the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo.

He said: “In Britain, it’s not just no-go zones, there are actual cities like Birmingham that are totally Muslim where non-Muslims just simply don’t go in.

“And, parts of London, there are actually Muslim religious police that actually beat and actually wound seriously anyone who doesn’t dress according to religious Muslim attire.”

According to census data, around 850,000 non-Muslims live in Birmingham, accounting for approximately 80% of the near 1.1 million population of Britain’s second largest city.

Emerson’s claims drew both criticism and ridicule, with many people mocking his view of Islam in Britain on Twitter under the hashtag #FoxNewsFacts.

— Rabeb Othmani (@Rabeb_Othmani) January 11, 2015

If you are a non-muslim and would like to visit Birmingham #illridewithyou #FoxNewsFacts

— Nick Pettigrew (@Nick_Pettigrew) January 11, 2015

Plans are under way to rename the main shopping centre in Birmingham to The Kabul Ring. #foxnewsfacts

— Sarfraz Manzoor (@sarfrazmanzoor) January 11, 2015

By the 1970s there were only a handful of white men left living in Birmingham. They were dubbed The Birmingham 6. #FoxNewsFacts

In a statement, Emerson said he made a “terrible error” for which he was “deeply sorry”.

He said: “My comments about Birmingham were totally in error. And I am issuing an apology and correction on my website immediately for having made this comment about the beautiful city of Birmingham.

“I do not intend to justify or mitigate my mistake by stating that I had relied on other sources because I should have been much more careful.

“There was no excuse for making this mistake and I owe an apology to every resident of Birmingham. I am not going to make any excuses. I made an inexcusable error. And I am obligated to openly acknowledge that mistake.

“I intend to make a donation to Birmingham Children’s Hospital.”

Fox News did not respond to a request for comment.
    That's pretty special.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

They usually never apologize at Fox. He must be new over there.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    The Prime Minister waded in, claiming to have 'choked on [his] porridge' when he heard Emerson's claims. I have never been more proud of a cluster of dried oats. This is where the political revolution begins; the cereals.

Who cares if they apologize. It makes no difference, they already poisoned the dialogue. And now it's all sorry, didn't mean to say that, winkwink to their viewers YES WE DID.

Jon Stewart Mocks Fox News Apologies - " How Bad Does Bullsh*t Have to Smell… "

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Paris mayor plans to sue Fox for slander against her city.

J'adore!!

Last year, after ending one of his many spirited on-air arguments with liberal contributor Juan Williams, Hannity pulled out a gun and pointed it directly at Williams, according to three sources with knowledge of the incident. He even turned on the laser sight, causing a red dot to bob around on Williams' body. (Hannity was just showing off, the sources said, but the unforeseen off-camera antic clearly disturbed Williams and others on set.)
    They're both like "oh it was nothing" but ... well-balanced people do don't this shit.

Advertisers drop Hannity

Seven advertisers have pulled their ads from Sean Hannity’s show on Fox News, following a week in which Hannity has stubbornly clung to a debunked conspiracy theory.

Through his Fox show and social media platforms, Hannity has pushed theory that Seth Rich, a DNC staffer who was murdered last summer, was the source of the emails released by Wikileaks.

Hannity believes this theory would exonerate Russia and, therefore, Trump from interfering with the presidential campaign.

Hannity relied on the claims of a private investigator and a report published on FoxNews.com. The investigator has since recanted and FoxNews.com retracted their story.
    tick tock tick tock

Dare I dream to hope we lose both Hannity and O'Reilly in a few week period? That we haven't even changed seasons?

Not sure what to make of this given the source

I'm chilling a bottle of Prosecco for when he goes. He isn't worth champagne.