Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Faux News Thread!

there's a Laura Ingram photo autograph up on a wall at my work.

I want to stick pens in it.

Follow your bliss.

Fox has gone full-on tabloid:

posted in the "Air & Space" section:

Aliens are monitoring our nukes, worry ex-Air Force officers
    That's "aliens" as in space aliens. And no, the article does not contain any critical analysis whatsoever. LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I'm going to marry Rachel and have her gaybies!

Rachel Maddow and Bill O'Reilly's feud flew off the television and into the pages of New York magazine, where journalist Gabriel Sherman relays one of Maddow's more candid remarks about her journalistic rival, whom she reportedly referred to as a "race-baiting f-ck."
    The remark came during one of Maddow's team meetings ahead of airtime, in the midst of the Shirley Sherrod scandal. Maddow had earlier suggested the scandal was another example of the right using race as a political tactic. O'Reilly responded on his Fox News show by saying, "One NBC News loon actually said on the air that the coverage of acorn, the Black Panthers, and Ms. Sherrod was designed to make white Americans scared of black Americans. Who is sponsoring this stuff, Mad magazine?"

Maddow may joke and jest about O'Reilly on the air, but she's completely serious when it comes to making her point. The entire "race-baiting" anecdote:

Maddow thinks she’s settled on the appropriate comeback [for O'Reilly]. “I want to wear a loon suit,” she says, flashing a raffish grin. She turns to her staff and pretends to address O’Reilly as a duck. “Sorry, you really hurt my feelings, I am a loon. I’m on the Canadian dollar bill. It’s awful”—she pauses—“but you, however, are also a race-baiting fuck.”

[She continued,] “I have leveled a serious charge about what’s happening with making white people afraid of black people as a political tactic by political activists, by people who want to harm the administration, and by Fox News as a political organization.”

Fox News would of course object to being called a "political organization," but recent revelations that parent company News Corporation donated $1 million to the Republican-loving U.S. Chamber of Commerce make for an interesting counter-argument
    http://www.towleroad.com/2010/10/mad...e-oreilly.html

Newscorp has donated a lot more than a paltry 1 million to Republicans.

I never thought about love when I thought about home

They've turned up the volume on the Islamaphobia this week-- specifically O'Reily on the View and Kilmeade.

I love how they create analogies.
    Yes, the Hijackers were Muslim. They were all also men. So...all men are terrorists? Well, that wouldn't be far off seeing as to every single war in the history of ever has been waged by men.
    Another good analogy: All the priests that diddled little boys were Christian; therefore, according to Fox logic, all Christians are pedophiles. See how analogies and syllogisms can be instructional and fun!
    Last edited by Banjee; 10-16-2010 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loca View Post

I love how they create analogies.
    Yes, the Hijackers were Muslim. They were all also men. So...all men are terrorists?

Another good analogy: All the priests that diddled little boys were Christian; therefore, according to Fox logic, all Christians are pedophiles. See how analogies and syllogisms can be instructional and fun!
    That's awesome! I'm totally stealing those analogies !
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

They are perfect analogies indeed, and sure to make at least a few people pause for a moment.

the indispensable Rachel Maddow on the closed-circuit loop of right wing media:

Last edited by Octopussy; 11-11-2010 at 07:09 PM.

It is I, you son of a bitch. blissgurl's Avatar
    ^ Always love Rachel! It's laughable how stupid the right wing has become, but it is really scary what they believe and how they have cut themselves off from facts just because they come from a media source that is not linked with their political views. They freak me out, man!

This was great, but I wish Rachel had exposed the next big lie.

Google "Obama mental illness".

This one may be too much even for Faux. But make no mistake: the wingnuts are playing for keeps. They want Obama gone.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post
    Google "Obama mental illness".
    This one may be too much even for Faux. But make no mistake: the wingnuts are playing for keeps. They want Obama gone.
    FFS, what is wrong with these people? I read one article, followed by 3 pages of vitriolic, evil, and just plain fucking stupid comments about President Obama, and am just 100% appalled by how completely insane (or just plain dumb) a huge portion of our populous must be.

You're right though, I think that there is someone with just enough sense at Faux to know that pushing this line to try to boot the President takes the lying and slander to an entirely different level that they (wisely) did not want to hit. Yet. Maybe they're banking this one for 2012.

Thumbs down ugh, really?

Have you seen this???
    http://gawker.com/5690436/fox-news-t...rican-war-epic

When news aggregation goes wrong: Fox News republished a USA Today article called "Obama Shares Dreams for His Kids in Book About 13 Americans." Fox News' headline? "Obama Praises Indian Chief Who Killed U.S. General."
    You don't have to do everything all by yourself.

It's hilarious because the "US General" is Custer, who is a fucking disgrace.

My dad put that link up on his fb and one of his friends just whined that he and all his friends commenting on it only get their opinion on foxnews "from liberal blogs."

I wonder if she hears the sound of a cadre of evil liberals rolling up their sleeves right now in response to that?

edit: her response back to me was that she was waiting for "Evidence" that fox news had done such a thing.

Yeah, evidence. You know, beyond the SCREENCAP OF THE FUCKING NEWS STORY.