Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Catholicism WOW thread.

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar

Catholicism WOW thread.

For all the crazy Catholicism news, inspired by this article in the Irish Times: Magazine exposes 'double life' of Vatican's gay priests

Carmelo Abbate, an undercover reporter from weekly news magazine Panorama , provides in its latest issue graphic detail of a month-long series of gay parties and brief encounters in and around the Holy See, featuring openly gay priests.

Abbate, who introduced himself into the community thanks to an (unnamed) gay friend, begins his latter-day Decameron with a party in the Testaccio area of Rome.

He and his friend were invited to the party by a French priest, referred to as Paul, whom the friend claims he first met in a sauna. After watching two semi-naked, oiled and muscular gay dancers go through their routine, Fr Paul climbed up on stage for what the reporter calls a session of “Dirty Dancing For Three”.

That first night ended with Fr Paul spending the night with Abbate’s friend. The Panorama article is accompanied by clandestine photos allegedly depicting the said Fr Paul in striped boxer shorts in the friend’s bedroom on the morning after.

The article goes on to detail homosexual encounters with two other Rome-based priests, “Carlo” and “Luca”, passionate encounters that are also photographically documented. After sex, Fr Luca, for example, proudly shows off his clerical vestments, walking around the bedroom half-naked. Fr Carlo claims that “98 per cent” of the priests he knows are homosexuals.

The reporter’s friend says he knows many priests who frequent gay spots such as the Coming Out bar near the Coliseum.

Fr Paul and the friend begin a relationship via affectionate text messages. At one point the priest explains he has “to say Mass this evening at six o’clock but I’ll say a prayer for you, if you like”.

At the Testaccio party, a Sardinian claims he has come to Rome just for the party, and asks: “Did you meet Fr Paul when you went to confession?”

[..]

Sergio Rovasio, secretary of the radical group Certain Rights, said: “Finally, a piece of investigative journalism which documents something which anyone who frequents gay spots in Rome knows only too well – namely, there are a lot of priests who attend these places and who have sexual encounters without seeming to be minimally worried by the evident hypocrisy of what they preach by day and what they do by night.”
    Lovely!

Wow is right. Wow!

Btw, I always have a little read of the Irish Times when you post articles from it. It's interesting to see all the stuff going on over there that we normally never get to hear about over here.

It's the closest we get in newspapers to something like the Guardian, although it's a bit more centrist I guess.

That article also mentioned the gay prostitution ring that was operating around the Vatican too that was exposed last year. The Irish Times article opened with this awesome paragraph:
    “At what time does he have to be back in the seminary?” The question might seem innocent enough, were it not for the fact that the man asking it is a Papal Gentleman, Angelo Balducci, and the man of whom he is asking it is his pimp, Vatican chorister and Nigerian, Chinediu Thiomas Ehiem.

That's not supposed to give me a boner, is it?

I declare this thread epic win
    GSV Tarendai

It's one reason why I don't feel the need to go to church. I feel that I would be hypocritical in the Church's eyes for being there knowing that I'm a homosexual. And even so, I know I wouldn't be the only one there who lives a life in sin.

Crazy Catholics. They really seem to be fighting to be recognised as the most mental, hypocritical, most out-of-touch part of Christianity.

Oh, here's some of the video footage: http://www.queerty.com/will-the-vati...-gay-20100724/ and the Vatican response it seems is:
    Catholic Gay Priests Should `Come Out,' Leave Positions, Rome Diocese Says

The Vicar of Rome today called on homosexual clergymen in the Catholic Church to “come out” and leave the priesthood.

The Vicar of Rome, one of the most important positions in the Vatican, was responding to a report today in Panorama Magazine that said Catholic priests were conducting a double life, citing secret video footage.

“No one is forcing them to stay in the priesthood to exploit the benefits,” the Diocese of Rome said in a statement posted on its Web Site. “If they are coherent, they should come out into the open.”

Oh, here's some of the video footage: http://www.queerty.com/will-the-vati...-gay-20100724/ and the Vatican response it seems is:
    Catholic Gay Priests Should `Come Out,' Leave Positions, Rome Diocese Says

The Vicar of Rome today called on homosexual clergymen in the Catholic Church to “come out” and leave the priesthood.

The Vicar of Rome, one of the most important positions in the Vatican, was responding to a report today in Panorama Magazine that said Catholic priests were conducting a double life, citing secret video footage.

“No one is forcing them to stay in the priesthood to exploit the benefits,” the Diocese of Rome said in a statement posted on its Web Site. “If they are coherent, they should come out into the open.”

Supposedly the whole Vatican establishment (and apparently the Italian public in general) have always known about the sexual exploits of priests, both of the consensual and of the rapey/torturey types. They're just not used to having anyone call them on the gross hypocrisy of it all.

So. The pope has written a children's book.

The lolz will ensue, I'm pretty sure of it.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2010/jul/27/pope-benedict-xvi-childrens-author

You know the camp sounding guy in this family guy sketch?

That guy should so do the audio book
    GSV Tarendai

it wouldn't even matter other pete's Avatar
    My only real interaction with the catholic heirarchy:

The first lad I dated at uni was a catholic. He wanted to introduce me to his young-ish college priest "Father Paul" who "seemed really progressive".

Last I heard, ten years later they were still together, with my ex still having to get in to the boot of their car 1 mile from home to make sure they weren't seen turning up the driveway together.

"Really progressive".

Progressive indeed.

Edit: formatting just doesn't work with tapatalk. I'll do it when I get to a computer dammit.