Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sarah Palin Fancy Pageant Walkin' Thread, Also

Quote Originally Posted by Rum 509 View Post
    She doing fine as a cheerleader, but her positions are too self-contradictory and easily skewered. Besides, being a candidate is too hard!
    That is the thing that gets me about her supporters, especially if they consider themselves intelligent. How can they not see her for the flip/floppy, wish/washy hypocrite twit she is? There are three articles pertaining to her in this thread already, two of which contain examples of this. It's is probable the third one does too and I missed it with all the eye rolling.

From the you tube clip:

"I'm not going to judge Americans and the decisions they make in their adult personal relationships..."

What the FUCK do you think decrying same sex marriage as unsanctified and denying the rights that go along with the institution is doing?

From the Newsweek article

It is alluded to that Saint Sarah (if only for a split second) considered aborting Trig. She then chose not to abort. She considered, then chose.

How the fuck do you consider yourself some great champion for the rights of women when you believe you have that right to take away the choice you were free to make from others ?

The Newsweek article also speaks as to why I suggested god talk and politics kind of go hand in hand. If Sarah does decide to run, articles like that will become more and more common place and will make it almost impossible to separate talk of any candidate's platform without at least nuances of religion coloring the debates.
    Last edited by Cairn; 06-16-2010 at 10:48 PM.

Lightbulb

Actually, it's already kinda like that.

Why is this happening to me? beanstew's Avatar
    She wants to meet Thatcher says the Guardian.

Seeing those together would give my loony racist, homophobic, misogynist right wing uncle the horn.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post
    Actually, it's already kinda like that.
    It sure seems to be, and steadily growing to be more and more so.

from the Guardian article:
    – although the ignorance of the one and the infirmity of the other mean that two public figures with a shakier grip on what is going on the world would be hard to find.
    And that is why there is nothing but funny in the idea. Surely great and witty comics could be made of any discussion they may have.
    Last edited by Cairn; 06-17-2010 at 08:06 AM.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Today on Fox Business News, Sarah Palin endorsed deemphasizing marijuana law enforcement! Obviously this means she's a huge stoner, right?
    Said Palin:
    If somebody's gonna smoke a joint in their house and not do anybody else any harm, then perhaps there are other things our cops should be looking at to engage in and try to clean up some of the other problems that we have in society.
    "Relatively speaking" it is a "minimal problem."

http://gawker.com/5566556/sarah-palin-huge-pothead
    Dude! What?! Ok, if even Sarah Pailin is on board with decriminalization why is this not happening?

I bet ya Todd is a stoner.

Quote Originally Posted by .chris View Post
    I bet ya Todd is a stoner.
    I'd have never guessed Sarah and I could share a political point of view.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    Is she trying to seem less conservative? This doesn't sound like her at all.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

Nah! I think .chris is right. She just figures she should get out in front of it before someone else catches a whiff, so to speak.

O'Reilly grills Palin on oil spill

Even Bill finds her hard to believe.

O'REILLY: Who?

PALIN: They can't even get a phone call returned, Bill. The Dutch. They are known in the Norwegian. They are known for -- for dikes and for cleaning up water and for dealing with spills.
    The little Dutch boy Bill! The finger in the dike! That'll fix it, call the Norwegian Dutch!

And in the evening it's. . . Andrea's Avatar

The little Dutch boy Bill! The finger in the dike! That'll fix it, call the Norwegian Dutch!
    Bwahahahha! The dumbassery just keeps piling up.

I can 't even make any sense out of that quote. She can't even properly connect words in a sentence anymore.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar

lol! Oh god! I almost dropped my rum and coke I was laughing so hard. Shit, that makes the whole I can see Russia thing look smart! *dies*
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

I don't believe Palin has a chance, nor does she ever intend to run for POTUS. Her quitting the governorship precluded her ever making a serious run for President. That and if she was even remotely interested in National office she would have hired some policy wonks to advise her and prep her for a run. Obviously the clip above shows that is not happening (math is hard!). So she is going the Rush and O'Reilly route. She'll influence some elections and tend to try to influence elections through endorsements, while raking in the bucks via speaking tours and books.

That is pretty much how I see it happening too, but I do think she has more influence "with the people" than I understand at all. I'm not sure exactly what her appeal is supposed to be. The supposed folksy charm of it all is lost on me.