Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: The Sarah Palin Fancy Pageant Walkin' Thread, Also

If you close your eyes, you can't tell if you're listening to the real Sarah or Tina's parody of her.

Move over, Judge Judy. There could be a new TV courtroom judge coming to town – and it's none other than former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.

The onetime vice presidential candidate has been tapped to preside over a planned reality court show that would premiere next year, if it gets picked up by stations. She signed a deal in February with Montana-based production company Warm Springs, a source close to the process tells PEOPLE.

"It's a production deal," the source explains. "What happens next is she'll meet with stations, make a pilot and sell it."

Warm Springs first approached Palin with the idea in 2015 and has since put together a team that includes the TV executive who found Judge Judy and Judge Joe Brown.

Unlike the two famous TV judges, Palin does not have a juris doctor degree. But the source notes that the bestselling author has a variety of other qualities that make her perfectly suited to the job.

"Palin's telegenic personality, wide appeal and common sense wisdom make her a natural for this kind of format and she was Warm Springs' top pick for this project."
    Source

Is there no way to get rid of Palins and Jenner-Kardashians?

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    common sense wisdom

So...how would that work? If she doesn't have a JD, how will her "decisions" be legally binding?

Why is America so fucking dumb?
    Don't have a law degree? HERE - be a Judge! Never held elective office? HERE - be our President!

Actually, I've been doing some reading and it turns out that in some states you apparently don't need a law degree to be a judge. There is also no requirement per the Constitution that a Supreme Court justice has a law degree, and as recently as the 1950s one of the justices didn't.

Either way it's essentially a reality show so it's not like she's hearing real cases anyway. But there'll be plenty of morons who think she's a real judge after it airs. I can't wait to hear all my dumbass redneck family members talk about how amazing she'd be on the Supreme Court.

I believe that on these shows, the "contestants" agree to drop their civil suits and abide by the decision of the show's judge. So, for the purposes here, the judge not having a degree is not an issue. Obviously, the whole concept is fucking stupid, but it's fine legally.

I assume they'll have her wearing judicial robes. That'll just be...
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post
    I can't wait to DVR the premiere episode of Judge Sarah!!
    Neither can I, buddy!

LOVE,

SB

The end of Sarah Palin is here

Sarah who?

Palin has officially shut down Sarah PAC as of the end of 2016. Kaput. Donezo.

But, that's not even the real story. Again, via Beckel: In the 2016 election cycle, Palin's Sarah PAC spent $830,000 on consultants and just $82,500 in donations to other candidates — a.k.a its ostensible purpose. Not only that but Sarah PAC spent $168,000 on travel and lodging expenses during the 2016 election — double what it donated to candidates, which is its ostensible … well you get the idea.

This was not an isolated incident. In the 2010 election cycle — when Sarah PAC was functioning on all cylinders — it raised $5.6 million and spent $4.3 million. Just $509,000 of that total — less than 12 percent of total expenditures — went to either candidates or political/party committees.

The shuttering of the PAC coupled with the clear signal its spending sends — this was always for and about Palin — should put to rest any talk to the contrary.