Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 448492939495 LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1424

Thread: Kate Bush bits and bobs

Bon Jovi leading the voting by a large margin says everything about this vote.

Radiohead and Kate Bush are never going to make the top 5.
    They say you were something in those formative years...

Of course not. As much as I appreciate Rolling Stone's contribution to "gonzo journalism," let's be honest. Rolling Stone hasn't been relevant since it moved its headquarters from San Francisco to NYC in 1977. I suspect that most people nowadays who bother voting in this poll are frustrated KISS fans who are jeered at on a regular basis by people like me, who are even older than they are.

thirst world problems Octopussy's Avatar
    Kate's too hipster for R&R Hall of Fame. The only people who care about that bullshit are old men who can rattle off football scores from the last 30 years. It's a popularity contest for a demographic with extraordinarily lame taste.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Green Day making it into the HOF in their first year of eligibility pretty much says all there is to say about this particular accolade.

It is nice that Kate's at least getting a nod, even if hardly anyone is noticing. They listed off pretty much every name but hers on Good Morning America last Friday when they mentioned the story.

My guess is that she sees this as a nuisance. She is probably asking Bertie's friends to vote for Bon Jovi.

Quote Originally Posted by Akira View Post
    My guess is that she sees this as a nuisance. She is probably asking Bertie's friends to vote for Bon Jovi.

Her brother has said in the last week that Kate is working on something new-but obviously he can’t say anything about it-which is exciting......

Quote Originally Posted by Gaviinj View Post
    Her brother has said in the last week that Kate is working on something new-but obviously he can’t say anything about it-which is exciting......
    ahhhh THAT sounds wonderful

Nice to get a confirmation that she's actually working on something. From what Paddy said I get a hunch it's not an album, though. I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MrQuin View Post
    Nice to get a confirmation that she's actually working on something. From what Paddy said I get a hunch it's not an album, though. I hope I'm wrong.
    Cakes in the oven again?

I'm sure Kate has voted for Nina Simone.. such a shame Nina isn't already there...

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Last year's fan vote had the top 4 go on to get inducted, while The Cars (#5) were shut out. Furthermore, Tupac Shakur and Joan Baez were also inducted but were further down in the results of the fan vote (#9 and #13 respectively, I think).

Hopefully enough people on the committee will give Kate a vote. There could certainly be a chance even if she's pretty far down on the online poll. And yeah, beyond shameful that Nina Simone's not already in.

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    "For fuck sake, if Kate Bush hasn’t been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame yet, why would you even want to be in that club? Some of the names they come up with to induct instead — it’s all these men that don’t even matter. Kate Bush matters."
    http://www.vulture.com/2017/11/tori-...e-invader.html

^ I was just coming in here to post that. Seems like the best indictment of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame so far. I am beyond pleased that it came from Tori.

thirst world problems Octopussy's Avatar
    "All these men that don't even matter" THANK. YOU. TORI.

Their inductee list always looks like a mix tape made by a guy in a motorcycle club or a woman who's had the same hair since the '80s.