Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104
Results 1,546 to 1,558 of 1558

Thread: Kate Bush bits and bobs

Quote Originally Posted by Andyland View Post
    Quite high, but they sold out in minutes.
    and are going for £300+ on eBay.
    They say you were something in those formative years...

Kate Bush – every UK single ranked! in The Guardian.

Sure it will remain calm BTL.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Kate Bush announces London pop-up shop
    Kate Bush has confirmed details of a pop-up shop in London next week.

The shop, which is situated at Coals Drop Yard in Kings Cross, will sell her recently released lyric book How To Be Invisible, as well as the new remastered versions of her music catalogue on vinyl and CDs.

Each book sold will include an exclusive bookmark, while all profits from the shop will go to national homelessness charity Crisis.

Fans can also expect a daily raffle, featuring a selection of different prizes which will be announced on social media on the day.

Kate Bush said: “I can’t imagine how it must feel to be homeless. Our attention is drawn to this tragic issue at Christmas when most of us can share the celebrations with those we love but, of course, homelessness is there all year round – all the time. It must be so frightening.

“Without charities like Crisis, who would people turn to? Who would help? Where would the hope of a future come from? I hope this pop up shop will raise some money for Crisis and raise more awareness of this life-saving charity”.

Crisis Chief Executive Jon Sparkes added: “We’re absolutely thrilled that Kate Bush has chosen to support us this Christmas by donating all of the profits from her pop up shop.

“Homelessness is one of the most urgent issues of our time – across the country thousands of people are needlessly suffering life on the streets or trapped in hostels and B&Bs. We simply can’t carry on like this when we know that homelessness is not inevitable.

“The money raised by Kate and her fans will help us provide food, warmth, and vital services to thousands of homeless people this Christmas – as well as the year round support they need to leave homelessness behind for good – and for that we’re incredibly grateful.”

The pop-up shop will be located at Kate Bush at Coal Drops Yard, Lower Stable Street in London, running between December 5 – 9.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Last edited by FreshMownGrass; 12-03-2018 at 06:06 AM.

I was surprised to see a stack of How To Be Invisible in Waterstone's - I didn't know it was out yet. Sadly, it's pretty unremarkable. There are very few illustrations, and they're not great. The introduction by David Mitchell is, admittedly from a skim read, just him saying why he's a fan. There's a short "Author's Note" but it says little, just that some lyrics have been altered to read as prose, but from what I read they haven't been changed enough. All the repetitions necessary in song form but not in prose, for example, are retained. If you've got the printed lyrics from the albums anyway, you're not getting much extra.

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    I went to the pop-up store after work tonight. It’s in a little archway around the back of Granary Square. They had a lot of t-shirts and hoodies and the CDs and vinyls, as well as smaller pieces of merchandise. I bought a Red Shoes mug (always go for a black mug, to hide the stains) and a set of a four coasters. The coasters are little rubber vinyls designed like the discs for DC, HoL, TRS and 50WfS, which I thought was quite sweet. They had Christmas baubles with the 50WfS cover on it, and pin-bages for a few of the albums. Of course they were selling the book, which even though I feel like should want I have no desire to buy. It’s a great idea to open up a shop like that; Kate has tons of middle-aged fans with disposable income who will lap it up, so I’m sure they’ll raise lots of money.

Quote Originally Posted by spyk_ View Post
    I went to the pop-up store after work tonight. It’s in a little archway around the back of Granary Square. They had a lot of t-shirts and hoodies and the CDs and vinyls, as well as smaller pieces of merchandise. I bought a Red Shoes mug (always go for a black mug, to hide the stains) and a set of a four coasters. The coasters are little rubber vinyls designed like the discs for DC, HoL, TRS and 50WfS, which I thought was quite sweet. They had Christmas baubles with the 50WfS cover on it, and pin-bages for a few of the albums. Of course they were selling the book, which even though I feel like should want I have no desire to buy. It’s a great idea to open up a shop like that; Kate has tons of middle-aged fans with disposable income who will lap it up, so I’m sure they’ll raise lots of money.
    Glad you had a great experience there! You British/UKers get all the good stuff. ;'P

Quote Originally Posted by spyk_ View Post
    Of course they were selling the book, which even though I feel like should want I have no desire to buy.
    So, is the book cover really what we've already seen? Seems kind of unimaginative...

I saw pics of Never For Ever themed merch —> THAT IS WHAT I WANT

Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    I saw pics of Never For Ever themed merch —> THAT IS WHAT I WANT
    same here, looks beautiful

All you guys will get your chance tomorrow when all the merch becomes available on-line!

I went today and bought a NfE t-shirt.

Oooh, nice! I got the NfE mug.

Quote Originally Posted by beanstew View Post
    All you guys will get your chance tomorrow when all the merch becomes available on-line!

I went today and bought a NfE t-shirt.

!