Page 102 of 103 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103 LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1531

Thread: Kate Bush bits and bobs

oh dear - from the way they are marketing it on her web page ... that's weird.
    Why can't thes give some more description? Unless: it's really just 208 pages of reprinted lyrics and nothing else.

I am still hoping for selected lyrics with additional information: like the Peter Reich book for Cloudbusting etc.

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    Selected and arranged by the author, with an expansive introduction by the novelist, David Mitchell, How To Be Invisible presents the lyrics of Kate Bush for the first time in a beautiful cloth-bound Faber edition.
    um ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Puddles View Post
    The book's been officially announced: http://katebush.com/news/how-be-invi...elected-lyrics

It's called How To Be Invisible: Selected Lyrics. There's a link on that page to pre-order from amazon.co.uk.
    Are they printed in invisible ink?? ;'D

Homeground-Forum has some links to press articles and a short BBC radio show segment referring to the bool:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/theh...y--t23697.html

It can't just simply be a lyrics book. It can't. Kate has never done the obvious.
    They say you were something in those formative years...

Quote Originally Posted by Littlegreen View Post
    It can't just simply be a lyrics book. It can't. Kate has never done the obvious.
    Maybe the book is in braille. Makes sense with the title.

It does suggest she might be busy on something else if she hasn't even written the introduction herself. Her programme notes for Before The Dawn were surprisingly chatty and entertaining so it would have been nice to get her take on the lyrics. As it is, it just seems like an easy cash-in, which you can't blame her for agreeing to, but with minimal effort on her part.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlegreen View Post
    That's true of her music, but not necessarily of her business decisions.

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Don't worry, this is not THE project Kate has been working on for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by MrQuin View Post
    Don't worry, this is not THE project Kate has been working on for some time.
    Well, let's fucking hope so.

Well *apparently* there’s always plenty in the works with Kate. I remember post BTD remasters should have been coming just before Christmas 2014.......
    I think people kind of knew about 50WFS as a guitar shop near to her was suddenly very busy....

It’s frustrating being a Kate fan sometimes. Some fans hate her for the whole no info at all thing about if she’s working on anything etc etc, I just take it as it is....

In her last Mojo interview in 2016 she was asked about her body of work and protecting it, and she said that was a depressing thought......

^ I honestly don't mind her not wanting to share information about her creative process if she prefers to keep it private, but since she does have social media (if just barely) it would be a good idea to see her use them a little more frequently to stay in touch.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    Honestly, after the wasteland years between The Red Shoes and Aerial, I am happy with whatever she chooses to share with us. This 2nd half of her career has been completely different than the first run and I LOVE it. Absolutely love it.