Page 2 of 100 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Bush bits and bobs

it wouldn't even matter other pete's Avatar
    What a remarkable testament to Kate's 'presence', that TMWTHHCHEYES can get a national news story thirty two years after it got to number 6.

Callum: OMG/Amazing/HateU!

Just wondering, how come Kate only toured the once?

Because she's fat and lazy.

Surely that can't be the reason.

Echinacea, I'm getting tired of deleting all your PMs. I suggest you stop advising me to calm down and do it yourself.

^^Ok....

So does anyone have a sensible answer as to why Kate doesn't like touring?

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    She always said she planned to do two more records and then tour again, so a tour after The Dreaming was vaguely thought about. But Kate got into the cycle of writing and recording and wanted to focus her energies on the studio. Plus, after The Dreaming she was pretty drained and spent time moving to the countryside and building her own studio.

She said that she hoped to do some dates in 1991/92 when she was working on The Red Shoes which at the beginning had a band-oriented sound that would translate well live but ultimately it didn't happen.

The chapter on touring in Under the Ivy covers all the whys and maybes and almosts, and I'd recommend that.

Thanks for that. It's a pity, I don't go to many concerts but were she to tour I'd definitely go.

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    That would be if you could get tickets. I imagine they'd sell out in about seven seconds

Lol, that's true!

Forgive me if this has been posted before, I haven't been keeping up very well. Just saw this in the New York Times:

Theo Bleckmann, downtown vocalist extraordinaire, brings his band to unveil his new project – reinterpreting the songs of the reclusive British art-rocker Kate Bush. Bleckmann takes on her mysterious songbook in "Hello Earth! - The Music of Kate Bush," and has assembled an all-star cast to further extend the realms of sound and interpretation. Joining him in this venture is long-time collaborator percussionist John Hollenbeck, bassist Skuli Sverrisson, keyboardist Henry Hey and Caleb Burhans on electric violin and guitar.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/24/ar...theo.html?_r=1

That exclamation mark is a little ominous

But I'm sure the show is great!

"Brown Noise" - Experiment 5?

From the Popbitch gossip mailout:
    >> Noises off <<
    Battlefields will be shit
    We recently got the chance to talk with a weapons expert at MIT who claimed that the mythical, but much talked about, brown noise weapon is in development.

Fed up with having to deal with pockets of insurgents? Well, just set off the Brown Noise machine and everyone in the village will have so much uncontrollable diarrhea they just won't want to put up much of a fight.
    They told us
    What they wanted
    Was a sound
    To make someone shit themselves

the pull of the b u s h ...

http://suicidegirls.com/interviews/Donald+Sutherland/

How was it being in the video for Kate Bushs video for Cloudbursting?

DS:
    Shes such a stoner. She was great. She came out of this camper at eight in the morning smoking a joint and I said What are you doing? and she said, I havent been straight for eight years. I got into the video because Kate found out from Julie Christies hairdresser that I was staying at The Savoy. She came and knocked on my door. She was so small that when I opened the door I didnt see anybody. I looked down and there she was. She told me she wanted me to play Wilhelm Reich. I wanted to be able to create a character that could hold a child by his feet and hit him against the side of a building and turn his head into a squashed pumpkin, which is what we did. So it so profoundly impressed me that she wanted to do that. I adored her. I thought she was great.