Page 3 of 104 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Bush bits and bobs

^^
    That's such a funny story--I wonder if it's true, or if he's just putting on the interviewer about Kate's weed habit.
    I miss, I miss,/how you'd sigh yourself to sleep
    When I raked the springtime /across your sheets

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    "Mother Stands for Comfort" comes in at No.5 on a list of the 50 Greatest Album Tracks in The Telegraph

5 Kate Bush Mother Stands for Comfort Hounds Of Love, 1985

In 1985 British popular musical taste reached an avant-garde high. Despite being full of difficult, weird songs such as this one, Hounds Of Love ousted Madonna’s Like A Virgin from the top spot.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/m...ever-were.html

burning up the bible BettahDevil's Avatar
    Been listening to Natalia Kills this weekend. The chorus of her song "Free" reminds me A LOT of Wuthering Heights. She has mentioned Kate being an inspiration, and has named "Hounds Of Love" her favorite Kate song. http://idolator.com/5474111/popping-up-natalia-kills

Here's a youtube link to a snippet of her song..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAPrhhbhoFk
    Last edited by BettahDevil; 11-28-2010 at 09:57 PM.

Random thing I just remembered from Under the Ivy: Kate was invited to tour with Fleetwood Mac as their US support act in 1978 but turned it down. Imagine if it happened! What a concert experience that would have been.

Hand written lyrics for "The Saxophone Song" and another one supposedly called "Frightened Eyes" from the same guy who put the lyrics to "The Man with the Child in his Eyes" up for sale.

The season finale of the hilarious It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia used This Woman's Work (or rather a cover version that sounds exactly like Kate's) for the climax of the episode. Anyone who's watched Philly before knows what a completely ridiculous pairing this is!

Quote Originally Posted by hex object View Post
    Hand written lyrics for "The Saxophone Song" and another one supposedly called "Frightened Eyes" from the same guy who put the lyrics to "The Man with the Child in his Eyes" up for sale.

he put them up on that UK website that shall not be named that sells music stuff for way too much then they should go for.

it wouldn't even matter other pete's Avatar
    BBC coverage of the Royal Chelsea Flower Show over the summer ended on a suitable note:

I have a video of Kate Bush and alot of her performances and it looks like she is not singing live due to the fact that it sounds just like the album version. Getting into Kate and was just wondering if she ever sings live or is she more of a performer?
    She even lipsynched This Woman's Work on a T.V. show. Can't figure it out.

A lot of her TV performances were lip-synced. She sang live during her only tour back in the 70s and also on a few programs, like this one:

I think some of the hectic dance routines in the early years would have been behind lip-syncing but sometimes the TV shows she was on just didn't really have live vocal performances - Top of the Pops, for example, was full of lip-syncing artists (although she did sing Wuthering Heights live on TOTP.)

But she can do it of course. The 1979 tour was live and like Ryan says there have been various live appearances through the years, including that gorgeous "Breathing" from 1986. She last did a live performance when she sang with David Gilmour on "Comfortably Numb" at one of his shows in 2002.

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    Yeah, a lot of tv was lipsynced, and even still is.

But there's gems like this:

^I will always love that

Yeah, Tv was almost wall-to-wall lipsynch in the 80s. Musicians often didn't have much of a choice if they wanted to do the big shows.

Anyway. Another live performance: The Wedding List from The Prince's Trust Concert in 1982:

^ Love that vid. Kate is so classy, and it's a damn near PERFECT performance of TWL. It's really a shame Kate doesn't perform live, as she truly is a gifted live performer.