Page 87 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1497

Thread: Kate Bush bits and bobs

Senior Member Circlesandcircles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dollsbitches View Post
    Maybe I'm super late with this,
    Tour of life was in '79 ....

but someone on a Björk forum posted links to 'Tour of Life' outtakes. Professionally shot footage (mono audio though, meh) of songs that weren't on the VHS/LaserDisc.
    Thanks for mentioning, loved to see Kate running onto the stage with her arms full of flowers at the end of the show.

Some dutch guy (I guess) has put interesting stuff on YT as well, search for BTD-KB
    Last edited by Circlesandcircles; 01-09-2016 at 12:07 PM.

Kate commenting on the death of David Bowie and the awe of his work:

Kate Bush: ‘He was wonderfully eccentric – and he was ours’

The singer-songwriter recalls a musical icon

"David Bowie had everything. He was intelligent, imaginative, brave, charismatic, cool, sexy and truly inspirational both visually and musically. He created such staggeringly brilliant work, yes, but so much of it and it was so good. There are great people who make great work but who else has left a mark like his? No one like him.

I’m struck by how the whole country has been flung into mourning and shock. Shock, because someone who had already transcended into immortality could actually die. He was ours. Wonderfully eccentric in a way that only an Englishman could be.

Whatever journey his beautiful soul is now on, I hope he can somehow feel how much we all miss him."

From The Guardian: http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...e_iOSApp_Other

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Awww. I was looking forward to hearing Kate's comments on Bowie's passing. Just as sweet as I expected them to be.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    The Director's Cut version of Moments of Pleasure always makes me weepy.

Quote Originally Posted by .chris View Post
    The Director's Cut version of Moments of Pleasure always makes me weepy.
    You know, I'm totally in the minority here, but I prefer the version on The Red Shoes by a mile. It's just more evocative of a bittersweet emotion - something along the lines of laughing with tears in one's eyes. It feels more connected to the lyrical theme of cherishing the small things that make you happy, because life is fleeting. The DC version, on the other hand, feels more lke a dirge, without any of that ambiguity. It's beautifully made, but to me it misses the point of appreciating life all the more because of how elusive it can be.

I like the DC version but it's the one on TRS that I love.

if we're comparing TRS versions to DC, TRS Rubberband Girl > anything else. The vocals and guitar kind of remind me of a Rolling Stones bside in DC, not sure what she was going for.

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    ^ I think she was going for the Rolling Electric Light Stones Orchestra And it totally works and I love it. I love having the different versions, and I find it hard to pick between them when they're so different they could be different songs entirely!

With "Rubberband Girl" I secretly wish that I could combine her 1993 vocal with the 2011 arrangement. That would be a perfect song.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    I'd always wanted more realistic drums on TRS Rubberband Girl, and I was so excited when I was playing DC for the first time. I was expecting a similar treatment as what she did with Lily and Top of the City. I wish she'd done that AND had this version as a hidden track.

I still can't decide between the old 'Song of Solomon' and the new one. For me, that whole song is about the "I'll do it for you" segment. On the old version it's more passionate because of the extra Kate bits where she's very emotive, on the new version it's actually more sad, I think, because it feels like she's more 'at a loss'.

I tell you what, if she had done the DC version of MOP live during her residency, I'd probably feel differently. DC is great because it's the closest thing to a live album she's done in the studio. I listened to it nonstop before I left for London to see her show.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    I listened to it nonstop before I left for London to see her show.
    Me too. I always thought Lily would make an excellent opener and so it happened.

For me, both versions of MOP need to exist, and the DC version (which probably is my favourite, slightly) only served to heighten my love for the original.

In the new version, the omission of the line "just being alive / it can really hurt" hits me like a bullet every time. Truly one of the best songs she's ever written.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    ^ Yes! I feel the same! When the bgv's hum the melody if "just being alive..." instead of Kate singing it... it makes it seem as if she's in a state where words cannot even come. It's devastating.