Page 88 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1531

Thread: Kate Bush bits and bobs

Ok, I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but..... Oh my lord, it is the craziest, funniest, most bizarre thing I have heard in a loooong time! Check it out at around 0:50 for the Kate Bush bit.

Last edited by VampireTampon; 03-08-2016 at 05:37 PM.

Looks like Adele is channeling her inner Kate Bush again:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...ur-first-night

'...on a heartfelt When We Were Young, a slideshow of snaps of Adele as a girl, as a young woman, heavily pregnant with Angelo. At the very, very end, confetti cannons shoot out bits of paper with Adele lyrics seemingly handwritten on every bit, a lovely touch. “Hello,” they say; “Throw your soul though every open door”; “It matters how this ends."'

Quote Originally Posted by dollsbitches View Post
    I still can't decide between the old 'Song of Solomon' and the new one. For me, that whole song is about the "I'll do it for you" segment. On the old version it's more passionate because of the extra Kate bits where she's very emotive, on the new version it's actually more sad, I think, because it feels like she's more 'at a loss'.
    No, I prefer the new version because it's less submissive. Why do it for him? Why not just for the pleasure of it?

From her website:

A message for Prince
    from Kate...

I am so sad and shocked to hear the tragic news about Prince. He was the most incredibly talented artist. A man in complete control of his work from writer and musician to producer and director. He was such an inspiration. Playful and mind-blowingly gifted. He was the most inventive and extraordinary live act I've seen. The world has lost someone truly magical. Goodnight dear Prince

Beautiful.

I've been enjoying Del Palmer's FB page lately, because he keeps giving tantalizing little updates on past gigs. It's like having a window into the spring of 79, that tour my friends and I never got to see even though we were totally into Kate by then. Del really seems to want to share those memories without upsetting Kate, and I have this idea that he's trying to be strict with himself because he's also sharing some of his political views and he doesn't want fans like me to accuse him of being Nigel Farage.

I just wish I'd been a fly on the wall when Kate's troupe was levitating the table.

April 26th.1979…Falkoner Theatre. Copenhagen

Loved this town!!… This was a memorable for the restaurant the night before… After checking into our hotel we all went off to a city centre restaurant… There must have been 15 of us… We were given a room to ourselves with a huge glass topped table… After much food and alcohol magician Simon Drake decided that he was going to levitate the table!!… With all of us sitting around it!!… He had us all place our hands lightly on the table top and he then proceeded to get the table to rise 6 or 8 inches off the floor!!… It was amazing!!… And to this day I still have no idea how he did it!!…

Before the show Kate was struggling with her throat… It was interesting that all the performers, stage crew and artistic people wanted to cancel that evenings show but all the management and "money" people didn't… Compromise was finally reached and we drastically shortened that evenings performance…
    Last edited by Nancy; 05-02-2016 at 11:15 AM.

What's Del's name on FB?

Del Palmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    Del Palmer.
    Ok, first I smiled and in my head went 'DUH!' because, you know, that's his name. But actually he's pretty hard to find when you enter 'Del Palmer' as a search query. Is it a public page anyone can like, or do you have to become friends with him to see his updates?

Perhaps you could post the link to his Facebook page?

I should have done that earlier. Here you go: https://www.facebook.com/Del-Palmer-180855828615748/

I assume you have to be friends to see his updates. They're mostly about his own music of course, and his sports interests and stuff like that. But I hope some of the Kate scribes are keeping track of his memories about the early days.
    Last edited by Nancy; 05-03-2016 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    I should have done that earlier. Here you go: https://www.facebook.com/Del-Palmer-180855828615748/

I assume you have to be friends to see his updates. They're mostly about his own music of course, and his sports interests and stuff like that. But I hope some of the Kate scribes are keeping track of his memories about the early days.
    Thanks for the link! He has some 'public' posts that you can view even if you're not Facebook friends with him; luckily the Kate posts are among them!

Good to hear.

Thanks Nancy. I think he;s set to 'unsearchable' or something - could only find his 'public figure' page the other day.

^ No problem. I miss the days when Kate could feel comfortable delegating to people like her friend Lisa Bradley, the president of the KBC. There are so many things that could be shared with the fans that are charming without being a threat to her legacy. When Del posted the cover version of Come Together back in the MySpace days, I thought she was silly to be so pissed. I even had the gall to mention it to him once. He's probably still furious too but he let me get away with calling her The Commander. I've got to watch my p's and q's in there because I'm so used to this place.

I don't remember if I actually read this or if it's just my imagination...
    I remember reading that Fish People had the rights of all Kate's previous albums. Is that right or am I just making it up?
    Because this morning I just thought that maybe Before The Dawn hasn't been released yet because Kate wants to release it together with the re-release of the other albums (or Aerial and Hounds Of Love, at least).
    That would be awesome, having all her albums remastered and on vinyl. A killer for our pockets, but awesome.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.