Page 1 of 82 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: GOOP or POOP? The Gwyneth Paltrow Thread.

Thumbs down GOOP or POOP? The Gwyneth Paltrow Thread.

While probably one of the most uninteresting subjects in the short history of unforumzed, I needed a place to gag over the most recent POOP newsletter, which arrived in my inbox this morning. Lately, the newsletter has been so uninteresting it's not even worth making fun of. Today isn't really an exception, but I found it gag-worthy. Also, I'm bored.

Questions & Answers

This week we begin to answer a fraction of the many excellent questions posed by you, our lovely readers. We have decided to start with some of the most frequently asked ones and we will continue in the fall and beyond (some questions require their own newsletter!) Thank you for sharing your curiosities!

Love,
    gp
    We are supposed to believe that these are the most frequently asked questions.

How might a 40 something jump start a sluggish metabolism?

Where would you recommend to stay in the Tuscany Region?

Next year is a big birthday for me so I'm gathering up friends and family and heading to Provence. It's such a vast region and I need our home base to be in an area that offers:
    a charming town with at least a few restaurants, shops
    close to vineyards for the wine lovers
    less than an hour's drive to the sea for the beach combers
    NOT crazy touristy (we are tourists but hope for a slightly more organic experience)
    OK, fess up. How many of you emailed Gwyneth your Provence vacation wishlist? I know I did!

me too. busted!

Well, I hate to break it to you, Autumn, but those newsletters are about to get even more boring. Gwyneth isn't going to have time to write much because she'll be really busy with her new ultra-successful country music career.

AHahaha, I was JUST about to post that.

Fair enough, she did one song that I quite liked:

post28!

[ validated ]
    ^ haha I like that song too. She has a good voice. The country music track threw me for a loop. But I guess it's another soundtrack song for an upcoming movie where she plays a country singer?
    Last edited by C33; 07-30-2010 at 12:39 PM.

fulfiller of the mullet prophecy eednic's Avatar
    Maybe I can email Gwyneth and ask her what I should do for my birthday. And then, when she answers, I'll decide to just go to the petting zoo and then go to Sonic for lunch.

a succulent Chinese meal lacuna's Avatar
    I like the original version of Cruisin' with Smokey Robinson. He just gives it way more groove than Mr. and Mrs. Whitey McWhitepants. Gwyneth and Huey took all the sexiness out of that song.

[ validated ]
    See, I don't think I'd heard the original before I heard the Gwyneth & Huey version. You're right, it's not very sexy, but it's got a nice, sorta-80s-easy-listening thing goin' on, and it's fun to sing along to

The newsletter has been incredibly snore-inducing for months, much like it's been since the beginning. Since I'm pretty effing cold and I like wearing warm shoes, today's newsletter caught my attention.

Cozy Shoes
    I don’t know how it is where all of you are, but I am freezing my ass off. I will be relying heavily on my cozy winter boots to get me through to spring, however far off it may seem. Here are some of my favorites.

Love,
    gp
    She goes on to let us know that she buys her two kids $100 hand-stitched "cozy" boots, that her $625 animal-friendly boots go great with leggings, that she can post pictures of cheap Nine West shoes but doesn't own them, and if her Burberry Prorsums at $1,095 are too expensive for us, we can get a more affordable (and looks not-much-like Burberry) pair of boots from Topshop for a mere $200.

I don't know about y'all, but purchasing $200 shoes for myself this holiday season sounds right up my alley.

http://goop.com/newsletter/108/?utm_...m_medium=email

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar

I love these boots, but not the price tag.

i sail my ship on dry land Pirates, yeah!'s Avatar
    Wow this made me want to vomit. I can't believe there is an ugg boot for sale for $800. What the HELL. An an Australian, it's even more ridiculous...ugg boots are for bumming around the house.

^^My sister loves Uggs, and I think they're fugly...however we live in knee deep snow during winter and they're mighty comfy and warm. But no, not ever buying one.

I almost forgot... my true purpose to enter this thread:

I didn't believe it was POOP

waited with a glacier's patience Churumbela's Avatar
    Wow. They seem to have removed a lot of the face on her...face.
    I am the beginning. The end. The one that is many.

I just came across a Daily Mail article.

Here's just a photo little excerpt from the article...

Is that you Gwyneth? Paltrow turns back the years to look good on chatshow

What a difference: Gwyneth looked noticeably older, although still fresh-faced, in this picture taken a year ago, right

If she keeps it up, she's going to have Tori cat eyes in no time. I already see them i the last photo. Gwen comes across as someone extremely age-phobic, so I'm sure plenty more is to come.