Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: GOOP or POOP? The Gwyneth Paltrow Thread.

The picture on the left is a newer one, right? I don't understand women thinking looking like a mannequin is better than natural aging. We all get old. Some age worse than others. This is just what it means to get old, nothing to be ashamed of. I've seen a commercial for Advil (i believe) with older women with NO makeup, botox or any other unnatural enhancements to their face. I thought they looked beautiful, not because they were dolled up, but because they looked real.

a succulent Chinese meal lacuna's Avatar
    she's one of those people who looks completely different without makeup. Like Pam Anderson. I think that's the only difference in those pictures though. One she's wearing a shit load of makeup, and in the other she isn't.

Yeah, I noticed the difference in make-up before the tell-take signs of facelift. She's wearing a fuckton of heavy, shimmery foundation in the latest pic. In the earlier one, her skin looks less covered up and much more natural in tone and texture.

O HAY EVERYONE! Gwyneth is a VERY BUSY MOM and wants you all to know that YOU TOO CAN HAVE IT ALL.
    So good to know that she has such "working mom" perspective!

Try not to barf too much reading it.

Then, Videogum owns her ass in the most hilarious way possible.

I’m pretty sure the publication of this issue of Goop is what happens just before the beginning of Children of Men. “People just stopped having babies. We don’t know why.” Yes we do. BECAUSE THEY WERE TOO BUSY BARFING.
    post28!

Working mother pro-tip - have money coming out of your arse so you can pay other women to do shit for you so you can 'enjoy' your kids for 15 minutes a day and bake cupcakes after a hard day trying on dresses.

Admittedly I skimmed the ridiculous thing, but it's no surprise to me that Stella M. is the only one of the three who actually cops to having a nanny or other in-house help. You know Gwynnie has cleaners, cooks, help with the kids and certainly Ms. Venture Capitalist (who eats with her kids a whole 3 times a week - quelle heroine!) and board member to that stupid RED thing must do, unless she works a hell of a lot less than she claims to.

Haha! I love videogum and that article had me cracking up too much to continue reading at work.

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    This is my first experience with GOOP (why is it called this?) and my first brush with why people call Gwyneth Paltrow an annoying anus. The Videogum thing is hilarious; this newsletter is just too revolting and clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by menju56 View Post
    GOOP (why is it called this?)
    I was just wondering that too. Google's first link says:

“Why is it called ‘Goop’?” asked Canada’s Globe And Mail. “Perhaps ‘Any Old Load of Rubbish’ and ‘Learn From Me, Ungrateful Peasant’ were both taken.
    I'll end my search there.

You should become a famous movie star, marry a famous rock star, move to London, and shop at Ocado and my fishmonger, James Knight! It saves you a TON of money on food.

^You should try the back issues. The Xmas issue where she recommends $200 bottles of olive oil and $300 silver cake knives as affordable family gifts is a classic of the genre. The genre being clueless rich-girl-turned-actress vanity publishing, of course.

And a 'Wiktionary' definition: "A thick, slimy substance; goo; A silly, stupid, or boorish person"

Icon15

Quote Originally Posted by gog View Post
    You know Gwynnie has cleaners, cooks, help with the kids and certainly Ms. Venture Capitalist (who eats with her kids a whole 3 times a week - quelle heroine!) and board member to that stupid RED thing must do, unless she works a hell of a lot less than she claims to.
    Of course! I couldn't help but notice that preparation of the brown rice and tofu or whatever dinner that her children consumed wasn't a part of her day. Who cooked the food? Also, she claims to lay out her children's clothing every night and go over what they need for the next day, but in her recap, she went out drinking instead. Who laid out the clothes and made sure the kids had what they needed? Also, who brought them home from school? Who takes them to their Thursday activity and back? Didn't she pack them organic flax seed lunches, and where was that squeezed in? Who cleaned up after breakfast? All of these things are MISSING. Or handled by someone else.

Where is her husband in all this?

Admitting she has heaps of household help for all the mundane, boring shit like cleaning dishes and packing lunches and making everyday meals would put a ding in her Amazing Successful Superwomen Who Has Acheived More Than Thou image. Well, self-image, because the image most people seem to have of her is of a your typical spoilt, narcissistic rich brat who's never had to do a real day's work in her life.

I bet her household help hates her guts.