Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: GOOP or POOP? The Gwyneth Paltrow Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by menju56 View Post
    Where is her husband in all this?
    Hiding? Wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by gwyneth
    ...we’re going through a phase where no one seems to be responding to me...

So they're on to you already, are they?

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gog View Post
    Hiding? Wouldn't you?
    Point taken.

I am reading through some of the site and much of it is nauseating. "I am going back to my day job this spring (filming a movie) and I am confronted with a few wardrobe issues. First of all, I never know what to wear in Los Angeles (are those pajamas??) and inexplicably, I am always freezing here." Her biggest dilemmas are what to wear while swanning around LA?

Quote Originally Posted by gwyneth
    ...we’re going through a phase where no one seems to be responding to me...
    Could it be that they listen to those who actually take care of them?

That's such a novel concept!

Also:
    My night to lay with Mosey so I tuck Apple in, say a prayer and go into Mosey's room for a story, foot massage and quiet time.
    I wonder, who was rubbing whose feet?

eta: and who was reading the story for that matter?

At 6:30 pm we all get in the bath [Ed. note: Yikes! Stephanie Seymour 2.0]
    Haha, that's exactly what I was thinking!

Not so classy after all, huh?

More here - http://www.dlisted.com/node/40514

Well...at least she's wearing underwear.

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    "It's a good thing Gwyneth Paltrow had on her favorite pair of $400 "working mother" panties made from the cocoons of organic mulberry silkworms, or else we'd all get a clear shot of her apple maker."

Apple maker

What's not classy is the paps that go to ridiculous lengths to get those types of shots. They'll do anything short of, um, well, uhh, hmmmm.........yeah.

a succulent Chinese meal lacuna's Avatar
    ^yeah, as much as I don't like Gwyneth she doesn't deserve that. The paps are horrible. If you've ever seen pictures of the whole scene the paps are lying on the ground and clicking away just waiting to get that one shot. It's so fucking disgusting. I seriously hate that there's nothing that can be done about it. There are just some angles that you can't avoid your underbits peeking out and the paps sure do find them.

I was reading the " What My Day Looks Like" post and noticed that if we didn't all know that those women had help, we would all be assuming that they put their three year old children to bed and then just left them in the house alone while they went out with GIRLFRIENDSYAYY! For a split second I thought, what if the kids wake up? And then laughed at my dumb self. Also, do these families have pets? I'm sure they have a token dog, but since they don't even take care of their own children.....

Anyway, having my life and time micro-managed like that would be soooo depressing and unbearable. Could you imagine what life would be like as the venture capitalist if that's what her life is really like? She has to check off spreadsheets to know if she spent enough time with her husband and children? She doesn't have to ability to know that simply from being a human being? And she just has silly little girls' nights like inviting a major fashion designer over for a trunk show? Hahaha! How quaint!!!

Man, I don't know what I would do without these newsletters. Next time I am in Paris, I am totes stocking up on these things! In fact, I might make a special trip just to pick up some $10 refreshing water spray. Or maybe one of my many friends who is passing through can make a stop for me. Gosh, Gwen, you knew exactly what I needed to hear this week.

The French Pharmacy
    Many of the absolute best beauty products Ive found come from regular French pharmacies. I always stock up on these items when Im in France or ask friends to bring some back when theyre passing through. Below is a list of all of my favorites.

Love,
    gp
    http://goop.com/newsletter/114/?utm_...m_medium=email

Reading this thread makes me tempted to subscribe to GOOP. Who needs a joke-of-the-day via e-mail when you got Gwynie recommending over-the-top stuff that's just perfect for the everyday woman?

Someone email her and let her know that the first two items on the list can be easily bought at Boots or at multiple online outlets here in the UK.