Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rilo Kiley, Jenny Lewis and related

First offering from rkvies, Let Me Back In:

http://www.spin.com/articles/rilo-ki...ew-song-rkives

Absolutely love it! So great to hear Jenny's voice again, and the way it builds is fantastic.

Weird, that link is dead. This works though - http://www.spin.com/articles/rilo-ki...gn=spintwitter

awesome recording. they've done this song (previously known as I Love LA) a bunch live, the one i remember it from is Austin City Limits (around the 22:00 mark, Jenny says it doesn't have a title yet):

listening to RKives for the first time, and i'm kind of blown away by how solid and polished this all sounds so far. the first 4 songs in, i don't think i could even say they sound like they belong to a specific era of theirs...it's almost like getting a new album, totally didn't expect this.

It'll Get You There sounds like a lost single.

Rilo Kiley, Jenny Lewis and related

It's a brilliant album, let down only by the dejalo remix, which is shit. I would have put Glendora on instead.

Wow, I was not expecting this to sound like a cohesive collection of songs given that the tracks come from various Rilo Kiley eras. But this sounds like a proper album! It's fun trying to guess where the songs came from, but I don't even notice after a while. This just reminds me of the chemistry they have/had, and how brilliant Jenny Lewis is.

Bloop Bloop! Lord Rask of Trevdale's Avatar
    I've been digging it all day. I've only ever listened to The Initial Friend EP, which is one of my favorites, so I'm not used to their more electronic sounding work. I thought this would be a nice way to dip my toes into it.

I may have to seek out some other albums.

^ oh wow, you've never heard Execution of All Things or More Adventurous? you're in for a treat. those 2 are my favorites, but the others have some great songs too.

Quote Originally Posted by Brambles View Post
    ^ oh wow, you've never heard Execution of All Things or More Adventurous? you're in for a treat. those 2 are my favorites, but the others have some great songs too.
    Those two records are so, so stellar.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

god, this collection is so bittersweet. i really, really hope they reunite for at least 1 show together to celebrate this release.

imagine a future and be in it emanate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rask of Trevdale View Post
    I've been digging it all day. I've only ever listened to The Initial Friend EP, which is one of my favorites, so I'm not used to their more electronic sounding work. I thought this would be a nice way to dip my toes into it.

I may have to seek out some other albums.
    I was first introduced to their music through the Initial Friend EP too. The Execution of All Things came shortly thereafter for me and it blew my mind. It's still one of my favorite albums even though I lost interest in their later releases. Looking forward to trying out Rkives.

so the deluxe version of RKives comes with a bonus cassette tape (i honestly don't think i have access to a cassette player at this point) which includes the following bonus tracks:

side a:
    close call (garage band demo)
    pull me in tighter (sunset sound demo)
    are you sad? (blake's house)
    the good that won't come out (4 track demo)

side b:
    all the drugs (garage band demo)
    commoner (wilton house demo)
    that's how i choose to remember it (4 track demo)

Agh! I want to hear those!

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    It's a brilliant album, let down only by the dejalo remix, which is shit. I would have put Glendora on instead.
    It's so laughably bad! I really can't believe they included it.

Ryan Adams tweeted this yesterday:

@TheRyanAdams: Recording the one and only @jennylewis this week! What a doll. At our HQ @paxamstudio http://t.co/TTjui7W8Dl
    Could be pretty cool!