Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The DNC Deathwatch Thread

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Lamb leads by 95 votes. Going to absentee ballots, which usually skew right. But conventional wisdom packed up and left in 2016.

Hold on. Might be more than 95 now. Like right now as I type this. It’s under 1000.

Steve Kornacki is awesome.

This may go to a mandatory recount.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Allegheny is counting absentee ballots which is where the 800 votes came from. All counties are counting their absentee ballots tonight except Greene, but Greene is apparently very rural because it only had about 5,000 votes for the entire county. So we should know tonight (though I’m sure they’ll call a recount).

Lamb is speaking now. Looking at the numbers, pretty sure he got this!
    He's such a great candidate, hope the Dems run more moderates like him.

I've got to stop staying up all night to try to keep up with these nail-biter elections. The fact is, this is not going to be neatly resolved. From the Washington Post: "Thanks to the court’s scrambling of the congressional map, both Lamb and Saccone may well become candidates in new districts for the November midterm election before a winner is declared."

The takeaway for today is that Donald Trump and the GOP have suffered a stunning rebuke. Nothing they say or do can change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post

The takeaway for today is that Donald Trump and the GOP have suffered a stunning rebuke. Nothing they say or do can change that.

I've seen the number vary, but it's always over 100 seats. And the R/D gap smaller.

How's that taxy changey thing workin' out for ya?

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    As long as Dems keep this going, and don't get cocky, this is a great trajectory!

Lamb is going to have to run again in November, apparently, because of the new districts being drawn to address extreme gerrymandering. *remains on edge of seat*

Looks like it's a done deal. There still may be a recount, but it doesn't look like it could change the outcome.

The Republican candidate, Rick Saccone, may still contest the outcome. But Mr. Lamb’s 627-vote lead Wednesday afternoon appeared insurmountable, given that the four counties in Pennsylvania’s 18th district have about 500 provisional, military and other absentee ballots left to count, election officials said.
    Conor Lamb Wins Pennsylvania House Seat, Giving Democrats a Map for Trump Country

Seriously?

I mean, I don't support or endorse her, but that's a pretty rich criticism coming from a CUOMO.

(Everyone who is losing their shit over her jumping in who also supported any of the following: Eastwood, Sonny Bono, Ventura, Schwarzenegger, Reagan, the Love Boat Guy, Trump, etc can stfu, though.)

Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post

Seriously?

I mean, I don't support or endorse her, but that's a pretty rich criticism coming from a CUOMO.

(Everyone who is losing their shit over her jumping in who also supported any of the following: Eastwood, Sonny Bono, Ventura, Schwarzenegger, Reagan, the Love Boat Guy, Trump, etc can stfu, though.)
    The establishment is furious, including Christine Quinn who is calling Nixon an unqualified lesbian. Fun times.

I haven't complained about Joe Biden in a while. He must have sensed it and decided to spice things up from my normal all-Trump rage.

Joe Biden, What Are You Even Doing?

Former Vice President Joe Biden took fresh jabs at [Donald] Trump on Tuesday while speaking at an anti-sexual assault rally, telling students at the University of Miami that he probably would have "beat the hell out" of Trump if they'd attended school together.

First of all, the solution to abuse is never more abuse. Secondly, Joe Biden was once face-to-face with a man who abused multiple women, and not only did he not "beat the hell out of" Clarence Thomas, but he was shitty to Anita Hill and refused to call three other witnesses who were prepared to make their own allegations against Thomas.

Women don't need men to beat up other men to defend us. We do, however, need powerful legislators to hold abusive men to account and ensure they don't, for instance, get a lifetime appointment to a court which empowers them to make decisions about our lives.

"I've been in a lot of locker rooms my whole life," Biden continued. "I'm a pretty damn good athlete. Any guy that talked that way was usually the fattest, ugliest S.O.B. in the room."

"It's not just on the men. It's on you women, as well, on campus," Biden said. "All the studies show that 95 percent of young women who are abused — the first person they tell is their roommate, their friend, someone on campus. You've got to inform yourself as to what facilities are available, what help is available, not just empathize, hug and say, 'I'm so sorry.' You have an obligation to be informed."

Nope. Let me say that again: NOOOOOOOOOPE.

There are a lot of things that discourage survivors from reporting. Among them is men publicly fantasizing about violent retribution against rapists, which can leave survivors reluctant to report for fear of furthering a cycle of violence. Many, many survivors neither appreciate nor value men threatening other men ostensibly on our behalf.

That Biden doesn't understand that makes him untrustworthy. That he failed to hold a sexual harasser accountable when it mattered makes him unreliable. And that he thinks it's hip to wax tough about traveling back in time to beat up Donald Trump in high school makes him a fucking joke.

oh ffs

I'd say Biden was entrapping him but I don't think he's that smart.

My first thought when I read Biden’s comments is that he was goading Trump. Because at this point, why not?