Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: The DNC Deathwatch Thread

^I think the points i'm elucidating were expressed in Regina's post which is why I quoted her.

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dAmION View Post
    ^I think the points i'm elucidating were expressed in Regina's post which is why I quoted her.
    The only question I meant to pose directly to you was if you'd have the same opinion (that the women were not "properly vetted" and that we need to allow for "due process") if it was a Republican and not Franken being accused. The rest was a general expression of disappointment in how I am seeing people from all around handle this.

I have gotten angry and ragey about a lot of things since November of last year, but listening to people whine about poor Al Franken and how he shouldn’t have to resign is THE FUCKING WORST. THIS IS HOW PEOPLE GET AWAY WITH THIS FUCKING SHIT, because people are willing to compromise their values when it benefits them.

“But in the long run...” fucking please. In the long run, our society will be better for refusing to stand down to this type of behavior no matter who engages in it.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I’m not saying Franken shouldn’t resign but I’m more saying his resignation MAYBE should have had a price. Should have done more than be honorable for honor’s sake. Leverage it into something.

Menendez in NJ needs to go but that needs to wait until Christie is gone, for example.

The left is Starks. Noble and honorable and good but we’re getting constantly fucked by the GOP Lannisters. We shouldn’t play dirty but having a long term cohesive strategy eludes us. We need a Toby Ziegler to yell at everyone till they get it.

Thanks to the Republicans, Libertarians, Antifa, and all other god's misbegotten children for pouring scorn on Doug Jones just before the election. I'm just curious: did you get this flyer direct from Vladimir Putin, or did you just sit back and giggle at how bad it might make the Dems look if it was their mistake?

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media...ct8josavvq.jpg

https://www.theroot.com/a-racist-fly...cau-1821065764

A Racist Flyer Might Cost Doug Jones the Election Because the Entire Democratic Party Is Trash

Someone, probably a white man, thought that the image would resonate with black people and motivate them to get out the vote. It’s as if black people were considering voting for the child molester until some brilliant strategist posited, “What if he were black, though?” The flyer is reductive in its oversimplification of the black mind as only caring about black issues. While it might not be racist, it is certainly racist adjacent.

It is also the Democratic Party.
    Is it really? Does anyone know who is responsible for this flyer? I sure don't. I can't find a source for this. I'm just sitting here trying to understand why I shouldn't even mention that Doug Jones, a member in good standing of the Democratic party, successfully prosecuted two members of the Ku Klux Klan for the notorious 1963 bombing of a Birmingham church that killed four black girls. Was that wrong? Was that "racist adjacent" of him?

I agree with this comment on FB by Lora Whitticker:

"I swear that The Root is increasingly giving a voice to forces, opinions, and people that will produce net negative results to advance the policy interests of most back people. So now the plan is to attack the only political party that aligns with our policy goals. Ok. Cede all the power to Republicans that want us dead and diminished. Let’s see how that works out for us. Because I promise you this: the people screaming that the Democratic Party is trash are in no position to make laws or policies that affect our daily lives."

Either the stupidest Democrat in the entire world made the flyer, or Republican ratfuckers did it to make the Ds look bad. In any case, it looks like Moore will win. Too many Rs in Alabama either don't believe he's a child molester, or they don't care. More than a few of them feel Jones must lose because he thinks it's OK to murder babies in the womb right up until before they're born.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post
    Either the stupidest Democrat in the entire world made the flyer, or Republican ratfuckers did it to make the Ds look bad.
    I'm betting that it was either a stupid Democrat or an even dumber, more pompous, and extreme leftie. If the latter turns out to be the case, I am completely done with them and their "help."

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    Ah yes, the real threat to democracy: Black bloggers.

Sorry you feel you need to characterize my words that way, Perky. You really have a taste for the jugular.

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    I mean, you did call just about everyone in any group besides party-line Dem “God’s misbegotten children”. Given the DNC’s disastrous history of race relations I think it’s pretty ugly to lay into one of the primary black publications out there for criticizing tone-deaf racist messaging, or any of the other serious issues the DNC has with any other minority group. “Don’t you dare criticize the Democrats” was a pretty frequent party line pre- and post-election and part of the reason racial minorities and leftists and libertarians didn’t feel heard by the party (I have no doubts this contributed to low turnout, including low black and Latino turnout).

I just don’t think it’s a good look to tell black people how to talk about the DNC.

Bleh.
    The flyers state they were paid for by the Doug Jones for Senate Committee. WHNT NEWS 19 reached out to the Jones campaign to confirm and they responded yes, they did send them out.
    WHNT Alabama

JFC. It would be nice if the Democrats stopped acting like a clown car full of fucking morons while the rest of us are busting our asses trying to stop the bleeding.

That's just great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Stone and the other republicans don’t give two shits about women being sexually harassed — they only used it as a tool to take down a democrat. Look at what Cernovich did to Sam Seder. He got pissed at Seder and dug through his Twitter until he found a joke that he could exploit and used that to have MSNBC fire Seder. They now know these tactics work. Be prepared for an onslaught of this in 2018.
    Here we go again. Like I said above...

Again, I am confused. And honestly, this is why Democrats lose: the quest for purity and perfect messaging. Republican voters know what they want and how to get it. They don't care that someone is a pussy grabber or a hebephile; they care about votes for their agenda. They know how to hold their noses. If left-leaning voters don't learn that trick quickly, America is fucking doomed.