Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: ANOHNI / Antony and the Johnsons

^Well, that video took the term "low budget" to a new level.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Yeah, that was depressing.

But it makes sense in light of this interview: http://pitchfork.com/news/68909-anoh...o-apple-music/

I wanted the video to have a wider reach, and only Apple could offer me the resources to do so.

No one got paid to do that video except the hairdresser. The whole thing was done basically for free, just to make a product that we were then obliged to rent exclusively to Apple for a fraction of what they would had to have paid for it if they had framed it as an advertisement, which is of course what it was, though I didn’t want to admit it at the time.

My being bought as a politically outspoken artist is a more potent advertising tool for Apple than a 100 more explicit ads. It creates the false aura for Apple of being cutting edge, of being artist advocates, of being innovative mavericks, of being environmentally friendly, of caring about people and communities, instead of being the McDonalds of consumer high tech whose wealth was largely pilfered from what was once a biodiverse music industry.

Yeah, but I don't buy it. You can do an amazing video spending ten bucks. Remember the first videos of OK Go? Four guys making a stupid choreography in a backyard. O Lisa Loeb's Stay: she's just walking in an empty apartment looking for a way out. I don't believe that money is an excuse for doing a lame video. Uninspiration is.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Paradise EP out March 17th.

1. “In My Dreams”
    2. “Paradise”
    3. “Jesus Will Kill You”
    4. “You Are My Enemy’
    5. “Ricochet”
    6. “She Doesn’t Mourn Her Loss”

Did anyone email her to get the 7th track? I did, and I am so glad I did. It's so breathtaking.